Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIT-A-LONG with Jundo - TO ALL SOLO PRACTITIONERS: Don't Be A Selfish Pratyeka-buddha

I have spent the past ten years practicing and studying alone, yet not. When I was ready to commit myself fully here you all are. The feeling that I have been sitting with you all this entire time is strong. I thank each of you. Much of my Zazen is done is done in nature, away from the computer screen. I would like to join in on some of the daily and or weekly sittings.

My problem is getting into a routine of coming back indoors. Has anyone else ever faced this issue? Any suggestions? Is it possible to join in the hangout sessions via my phone?

Gassho,
    Brooks sat today.

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo - TO ALL SOLO PRACTITIONERS: Don't Be A Selfish Pratyek...

Hi Brooks,

You may have to download the Google Plus Hangout App to join from your phone. You will not be able to start a hangout but you will be able to join one.

Gassho,

Shugen

#sattoday

Shugen
    明道 修眼
    As a priest in training, please assume I don't really know what I'm talking about....
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Hi Shugen,

I have now downloaded it to my phone. Thank you for the info.

Gassho,
    Brooks

Thank you Jundo

This speaks right to my heart. I sat "alone" for 35 years, although now, as others have said, I realize I was never alone. Working long hours at my former career, and, in truth, just too shy to go to a zen center (even though I wanted to, really), and also being wary of "guru's", I kept saying, maybe next year. Then, just about the time I moved to the middle of nowhere here in the pines, I realized that practice was incomplete without Sangha. Out of nowhere in a crazy coincidence Treeleaf and Jundo dropped into my life. There are no words to fully express my gratitude to you all, this beautiful Sangha, and our dear Teacher(s).

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

I am very happy! Last night I was able to find and follow the Zazenkai from South Dakota--as it was happening--I was able to learn more about walking meditation, and I completed the 1 1/2 hour session. This gives me hope for the coming retreat.

Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho

Quote Originally Posted by Elgwyn View Post
    I am very happy! Last night I was able to find and follow the Zazenkai from South Dakota--as it was happening--I was able to learn more about walking meditation, and I completed the 1 1/2 hour session. This gives me hope for the coming retreat.

Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho
    Elgwyn,

that's wonderful to hear, I'm happy with you!

Always sitting together,

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12