Thread: August 16-17th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

August 16-17th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-16-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    I will be there ... And welcome back Jundo.

Gassho
    Shingen

I'll be there live

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be here.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I think for this Sundays sitting group at the Bodhi tree Cafe, we will sit along with this weeks 90 minute zazenkai netcast. If I can sort out a computer in the zendo.

If there are no objections from Jundo, Taigu, or the sangha of course.
    Last edited by Daijo; 08-16-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Will be there, if there are no power outage due heavy rains

Gassho

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for your practice

Let us do it.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Looking forward to it!!

Anzan

I can't join on camera because my phone is being fixed, but I will probably sit live for a while. I have some friends over, though, so I'm not sure. Either way, I will be sitting with you all.
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Yugen
    I will be there!

Deep bows
    Yugen

Mp
    Thank you Jundo and everyone ... have a great weekend.

Gassho
    Shingen

Thank you, glad to see you again, have a great weekend everyone

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Thanks everyone...deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you everyone!

Gassho,

James

Glad to have you back, Jundo.

Thanks everyone who sat and will sit.

Have a lovely weekend.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you everyone,
    have a wonderful weekend,
    Gassho
    Myoku

Thanks for sitting all.
    Will join you in "zen" time
    Gassho
    Clark

Enjoyed sitting that although already too cold for shorts and t-shirts here!

Thank you!
    Andy

Hello,

thanks to everyone for their practise. It's good to see the Tsukuba HQ again

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Thanks all.

Gassho,

Daido

Thanks a lot for your practice!

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Kantai
    Will sit this evening.
    Gassho. /Edward

I sat this morning. Thank you all for this.

Gassho.

Sitting with my group tonight. Sunday was cancelled, so tonight will be a trial run with about 5 sitters.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck13 View Post
    Sitting with my group tonight. Sunday was cancelled, so tonight will be a trial run with about 5 sitters.
    An interesting experiment in sitting in one place and time with a group with folks around the world, no here and there. Let us know how the experiment goes.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

We had a small group of three last night. I think they were very curious to see me walking into the "zendo" with laptop in hand. Once I explained my plans, they were very open to it. It was a very pleasant experience (despite the echo) that I hope to continue regularly. I do have to sort out some equipment issues as I borrowed my daughters lap top last night. She's starting college the week of labor day and taking that with her. As soon as I get it sorted, we will incorporate our sits with tree leafs sits. Unfortunately due the schedule and availability of the room, I wont be able to do it live. but, that's OK. Now is always now, no matter what anyone tries to tell you.