Thread: August 9-10th 2013 Monthly 4-Hour Zazenkai from Maine

August 9-10th 2013 Monthly 4-Hour Zazenkai from Maine

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE FROM the TREELEAF RETREAT in MAINE 8am to noon Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm to 11pm, Los Angeles 4pm to 8pm (Friday night), London midnight to 4am and Paris 1am to 5am (early Saturday morning)) ... and visible at the following link during those times ...

... to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS are posted AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

The Sitting Schedule is as follows;

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:30 ZAZEN
    01:30 - 01:50 KINHIN

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK by Tim Buckley, Teacher at Great River Zendo, & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN

02:40 - 03:15 ZAZEN
    03:15 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'. Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

or

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-10-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Sounds great.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Yugen
    See you then!

Gassho
    Yugen

Mp
    I will be there.

Gassho
    Shingen

Thank you for doing this, but my participation will be limited this week due to travel. I shall have to sit in Pieces
    Gassho
    C

I'll be there!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    That was wonderful!!! Deep bows and many thanks to everyone for putting this together, was a great pleasure. Enjoy the remainder of your retreat.

Gassho
    Shingen

Lovely. Thank you to all of you, and to Buckley Sensei for being such a gracious host. Thank you to all who attended, there-here and here-there.

A bit unfortunate that we did not have more of our Treeleaf folks in attendance, and I hope everyone will take advantage and sit online with the fellows.

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-11-2013 at 02:31 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Sat as early as I could. Thank you to Yugen, Dosho and Myozan for the retreat. Thank you to Tim Buckley for the Dharma Talk and the Great River Zendo for hosting the retreat. Thank you all for your practice and all those who will sit. Beautiful service and great talk. Thank you.

Gassho

David

Holy molly! It was an awesome zazenkai!

Many many thanks to Tim Buckley and his big heart for opening his zendo to us.

Thank you to my big brothers who are on the retreat as I write.

And thanks to Yugen for making this all possible.

Chanting Hannya Shingyo with you all was powerful.

Looking forward for more retreats like this in the future.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Deep bows to all. i shall sit this retreat with you at the end of next week. Thank you so much to Buckley sensei and his wonderful generosity.

Gassho

Taigu

Thank you everyone, certainly exceptional,
    great job Myozan, Jugen, Dosho. Fast kinhin was nice too
    Gassho
    Myoku

Thank you Yugen, Myozan and Dosho for this - will be sitting in segments during the week.

Gassho

Willow

Thank you Sensei Buckley, Yugen, Myozan and Dosho and Gassho to everyone sitting. A wonderful event from the Treeleaf nomads.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Hello everyone,

thank you all for your efforts and for inspiring all of us!

Gassho and deep bows,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Thank you all for your efforts.

Deep Gassho

Daido

Thank you to everyone.
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Thank you everyone, that was amazing! My first zazenkai too.

Deep bows.
    Mc.

That was lovely! Many thanks for organising the retreat and letting us sit along for part of it.

Gassho
    Andy

Finished sitting with the recording - thanks a lot for all the effort you put into this and for giving us the opportunity to practice with you!

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Had to do in pieces, but now finished. Simply wonderful. Sincere thanks to all for making this available.
    Gassho
    Seisou - Noble/Vital Grass (or just Jeff)