Thread: July 26-27th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

July 26-27th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-26-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Will be sitting, thanks
    Gassho C

Mp
    I will be there.

Gassho
    Shingen

This time I will sit this one on sunday... have fun sitting

Gassho

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for your practice

I will have to sit tomorrow. I will be on the road to Atlanta this evening.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

I'll be here.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I'll be there

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be there

Gassho,

Richard

Hi all,
    Hope to make it, but depends on kids. My second boy has the chickenpox now! So, he's miserable and needs loads of attention. Hopefully won't get any complications like Arthur did. Will sit live or live tomorrow.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Mp
    Thank you everyone, was a great sit. Have a great weekend and Jundo, have a wonderful and safe trip to Korea.

Gassho
    Shingen

Hello All.

Thank you for zazenkai. I was there, but not on screen....as I hadn't quite figured out how to get the camera on before things got rolling.

Gassho

Richard

Thank you all. Have a great trip to Korea, Jundo.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Thank you, everyone.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thanks everyone!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thanks for your practice everyone Gassho. David

Thank you Jundo and everyone sitting. Have a good holiday Jundo and metta to your family Myozan. Gassho.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Thank you,
    _()_
    Myoku

Thank you everyone that sat and will sit.

Have a good holiday Jundo, and metta for your family Myozan.

Gassho
    Matt

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your practise and all the best to Jundo and his family for their Korean adventure!

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Thank you for sitting.

Gassho
    Andy

Thank you.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thanks Matt. The local doctor hospitalised my second son today. So, more drama from the Kilroy corner, I'm afraid.

Not too serious this time. Not like the other guy. But he was just refusing liquids and was badly dehydrated. Nothing IV fluids can't sort out.

The trip our family will never forget! Plus $30,000 in medical bills (the insurance should cover most of that though).

The capping verse of this koan: ALWAYS GET TRAVEL INSURANCE!!!

Gassho
    Myozan

My goodness, Myozan. Best of luck and metta.
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Sitting with you.

Let's also sit for all doctors and medical professionels too.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-29-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Yugen
    Myozan,
    Much metta to all of you. We are sitting with you.

A very wise capping verse!

Gassho
    Yugen

Myozan,

Much metta and good wishes to you and the family. I hope everyone is resting comfortably this evening.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thanks all. Amen to sitting for all medical professionals. Everyone we met took their Hippocratic Oath to heart, absolutely wonderful people in Norwalk Hospital, Connecticut. The hand of Kannon was their hand in action. Kindness and care personified. The warmest, enduring affection we will all have for all these people we met in America, people that were there when we needed them most.
    Gassho
    Myozan
    Last edited by Myozan Kodo; 07-29-2013 at 02:08 AM.

I sit at local group on Friday's.
    In gassho to all here,
    Seido
    Last edited by Ed; 07-29-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

I sit at local group on Friday's.
    In gassho to all here,
    Seido
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Thanks for your practice!

I am glad things turned out well, Myozan, and Jundo, have a great holiday!

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Going to sit this tonight. Gassho, Matt J

I noticed a good deal of (Jimi Hendrixish)feedback at the beginning of this broadcast. Is it the equipment or am I doing something wrong. Anyone else have it? As a result I couldn't clearly here what Jundo had to say about future broadcasts over the next few weeks; while he is in Korea will someone be taking over?

Thanks Clark

Clark,

There is always a little feedback, but it doesn't usually lead to Jundo not coming through clearly. I too had difficulty understanding him though, so it wasn't just you.

And, yes, one of the unsui will be leading the next sitting.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you Dosho

Thank you all for sitting with me.

求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.