Thread: July 19th-20th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - please note different time

July 19th-20th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - please note different time

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM HANS'S HOUSE' (this time) 90 minute ZAZENKAI, only this time netcast LIVE SATURDAY at 9 AM BERLIN TIME, which is 7 AM GMT, 2AM US CENTRAL TIME and 4PM TOKYO TIME (if my timezone converter is correct and in case I entered the times correctly).

... and will be visible at the following link and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen
    Last edited by Hans; 07-20-2013 at 08:30 AM.

I'll sit with the recorded version because of the roundness of Mother Earth.

Thank you Hans.
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

As I am entertaining friends this evening, beginning at 10pm, I dont think I can make 4am Zazen. But I will join a bit later.

Yugen
    I will sit with the recorded version on Saturday. Thank you for leading the Zazenkai!

Gassho
    Yugen

Mp
    Thanks for providing this Zazenkai Hans, but like Kyōnin has put it ... I too will have to sit the recording due to the roundness of good old mother earth.

Gassho
    Shingen

Our brothers in Europe may have to sit on our "live zafus" this time

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for your practice

I will be joining the Zazenkai on Saturday. Will be sitting then in the evening. Thank you for leading.
    Gassho
    Clark

Hi Hans,

This is great but if it is 9am Berlin time & I'll certainly be there. But it will 8am in the UK (i.e. British Summer Time) I think this is right but please check.

Gassho

David

Awake and present in heart.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Here ready but no link above & nothing on G+? I'll just sit
    Gassho

David

Hello David,

I really do not understand why Google+ is causing so many problems these days. I invite all 130+ Treeleaf people, I use the Treeleaf Group admin log-in, it shows on the Google+ timeline but still it seems you weren't able to join....very strange.

Sorry about that, I have no idea what causes this, since I do take care to invite ALL Treeleaf group members.

All the best and Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

I couldn't get an invite from G+ but it suddenly appeared on the screen as Hans was announcing kinhin but only as a youtube link. With synchronicity I might add as my timer had just gone for end of the 30 min zazen - so wonderful. It was so great to be able to sit a live zazenkai without getting upi n the middle of the night and many thanks to Hans for leading/hosting it. I hope the technical problems were mine and if they weren't - and they may not have been as I didn't see anyone on the screen sitting live- I hope it doesn't prevent us all in Europe having more live sitting. Again my thanks to Hans, to all tat sat & will sit.

Gassho

David

Hi David,

thanks for the feedback, I'll have to do some more research what is causing this. The odd thing is that also during my Thursday Zazen people seem to be able to join (unless Matt ha special superpowers) , but a lot don't seem to get the invitation in time....really odd.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hi Hans,
    I get the invite to you Thursday Zazen but have only been able to join once. Myozan also had this problem on one occasion I know of. I will try again this Thursday and let you know.

Gassho

david

Wish I had seen this yesterday. Hope you all had a good sit. I will sit-along tomorrow

Gassho
    Andy

Hi Hans,

I'm no Clark Kent!

Majority of times Thursday Zazen is fine for me, I get the invite and I see the hangout. Had that one issue a couple of weeks back where I just didn't see the hangout anywhere.

I do have G+ issues hosting the Wednesday Zazen for Myozan every other week, in that I can't invite everyone. Tried inviting the Treeleaf community only to be told by G+ that there were too many people to invite. So I end up restricting it to people in my circles.

Ever considered using Adobe Connect perhaps?

Anyhow, thank you Hans and everyone that has or will sit.

Gassho
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Hi David,

thanks for the feedback, I'll have to do some more research what is causing this. The odd thing is that also during my Thursday Zazen people seem to be able to join (unless Matt ha special superpowers) , but a lot don't seem to get the invitation in time....really odd.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Mp
    Ahhhh technology, what a wonderful teacher you are. Thank you Hans for providing this wonderful zazenkai ... fantastic job on the English version of the Heart Sutra as well.

Gassho
    Shingen

Yugen
    Mongen does a good Sutra! :-)

Gassho
    Yugen

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
    Mongen does a good Sutra! :-)

Gassho
    Yugen
    Oh yes, oh yes ... Mongen can be our new chanting/vocals/voice enhancement teacher!

Gassho
    Shingen

Thank you!

Gaasho,

Risho

Good sitting with you.

Gassho

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼