Thread: July 12-13th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

July 12-13th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    I will be there.

Gassho
    Shingen

Me too
    Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

I'll be there.

Gassho,
    Dosho

The laptop I was having audio issues with finally moved on from it's current life, I believe it is now a turtle named Larry, but I cant prove that.

Anyway, I have no camera on my desk top so my sits will be one way for the foreseeable future.

Oh I'll be there!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you all sitters in the world

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Yugen
    Thank you all for sitting - it's great to see you live Myozan. In a few weeks we will be sitting together in person!

Deep bows
    Yugen

Thank you Jundo and all. What a pleasure to sit with you 'live' for a change.

Looking forward to it, Yugen! (Will be in touch closer to the time).

Gassho
    Myozan

Mp
    Wonderful, thank you Jundo and everyone ... great to sit with you all. Oh yes, nice surprise Myozan. Have a great weekend everyone.

Gassho
    Shingen

Hi all,

Apologies for my late arrival, but I was attending to practice nonetheless. I shall elaborate in a new thread soon.

Glad to see you Myozan...and also looking forward to sitting with you in a few weeks.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Great to sit with you all. Thanks to all who sat live and al those who will sit.

Gassho

David

Thank you everyone.

Gassho
    Matt

Hello folks,

thank you for your practise. I'll sit with you a bit later today.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hello

How hot is it at Treeleaf Zendo?

It's so hot at Suigó-Tsukuba National Park two trees were fighting over a dog.

Gassho,
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

This a great idea and I wish I COULD participate but 8pm on a Friday night is a bit tough for an active family. I will just play sit a longs and watch netcasts when able. Thank you so much for doing this.

Gassho
    C

Hi Clark,

There is no difference (except in the mind, where all difference and judgments are found) between the "live-live" sittings and the anytime "live-later"sittings. I look forward to sitting with you.

The seated monk smiled and said, "Tell me, where isn't Buddha?"

Time to think-non-think outside of the box!

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you all who sat and will sit.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I hear you Jundo. Thanks for the reminder. I will sit with you anytime

Gassho
    C

Thank you for the sit! Yes, FL dress is always shorts and t-shirt

Gassho,