Thread: July 6-7th, 2013 Our 'Not-Two Part' HAN-ZENKAI!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

July 6-7th, 2013 Our 'Not-Two Part' HAN-ZENKAI!!

Hi Everyone,

Our HANS (Mongen) is VISITING TREELEAF TSUKUBA, here in Japan, this weekend. Because of his visit (plus the fact that I have a local person who wishes to attend the first time, and that my wife is away and I will have my daughter Sada in my care most of the weekend) our Monthly Zazenkai this time will be divided into TWO SESSIONS (two but only one). The first part will be the same as our usual Saturday Zazenkai, and the second part will commence several hours later (times below), hopefully to allow some of our folks in Europe to sit with us. Mongen and Sada will be with us for only the second part.

SO ... WELCOME MONGEN (& SADA)!

Non-Part I:

Please join our 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning) ... ... to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN'

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

Non-Part II (with Mongen and Sada):

Please join our 2 hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 5:30pm Japan time Saturday night (that is Saturday morning New York 4:30am, Los Angeles 1:30am, London 9:30am and Paris 10:30am (early Saturday morning) ... ... to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN'

00:00 - 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA IN ENGLISH, JAPANESE or GERMAN)
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:10 DHARMA TALK
    01:10 – 01:35 ZAZEN
    01:35 – 02:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

I hope you will join Mongen, Sada and me ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-06-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE