Thread: July 6-7th, 2013 Our 'Not-Two Part' HAN-ZENKAI!!

July 6-7th, 2013 Our 'Not-Two Part' HAN-ZENKAI!!

Hi Everyone,

Our HANS (Mongen) is VISITING TREELEAF TSUKUBA, here in Japan, this weekend. Because of his visit (plus the fact that I have a local person who wishes to attend the first time, and that my wife is away and I will have my daughter Sada in my care most of the weekend) our Monthly Zazenkai this time will be divided into TWO SESSIONS (two but only one). The first part will be the same as our usual Saturday Zazenkai, and the second part will commence several hours later (times below), hopefully to allow some of our folks in Europe to sit with us. Mongen and Sada will be with us for only the second part.

SO ... WELCOME MONGEN (& SADA)!

Non-Part I:

Please join our 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning) ... ... to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN'

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

Non-Part II (with Mongen and Sada):

Please join our 2 hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 5:30pm Japan time Saturday night (that is Saturday morning New York 4:30am, Los Angeles 1:30am, London 9:30am and Paris 10:30am (early Saturday morning) ... ... to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN'

00:00 - 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA IN ENGLISH, JAPANESE or GERMAN)
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:10 DHARMA TALK
    01:10 – 01:35 ZAZEN
    01:35 – 02:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

I hope you will join Mongen, Sada and me ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-06-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Wonderful, wonderful ... I will be there for round one for sure. Round two I am not sure yet ... If I am still awake, I will be ... If not, then I will sit with you all in my dreams.

Gassho
    Shingen

Yugen
    I will be there for part one...

Gassho
    Yugen

I will try and make part two. Thanks.

Gassho
    Matt

Fantastic! Will try and make part two.

Gassho

Willow

This is great. I will join the non part I a few hrs later & the non-part II live. Wonderful!

Gassho

David

Yay!
    I hope I can make it for non-part II live. I have to pick up my daugther in the morning, but hopefully I can manage this either before or after the zazenkai (wish me luck).
    Finally a good time of day for a live zazenkai (for me).

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

There and not there.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

I'll be there live tonight
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be there tonight for part one and will sit with part two on the recording. Very exciting for our European members to attend a live zazenkai!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Will be there on part 1 live

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

I will be sitting the first part. Gassho, Matt J

Nice sitting with you all tonight. Nice to see all the usual suspects and very nice to see you Shokai. Thank you also to Jundo's guest in the Zendo and to everyone who will sit.

Thank you everyone... have a great weekend

Gassho

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for your practice

Mp
    Thanks everyone, was a great sit as always. Great to see you as well Shokai. Have a great weekend.

Gassho
    Shingen

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Thanks everyone, was a great sit as always. Great to see you as well Shokai. Have a great weekend.

Gassho
    Shingen
    Not sure if I was present in body if not in spirit. The mysteries of Google+ and my ineptitude still present.
    Pretty sure my mic was muted, otherwise my sneeze would have awakened the dead.

Thanks guys for putting up with my cyber presence.

Thanks again for this mornings practice and to all who sat and will sit. See you again later for non part II?

Gassho

David

Apologies, can't make the live version, Dad duty. Will sit later today. Thanks to all that sat and will sit.

Gassho
    Matt

Thank you all who sat and will sit non part one.

Will sit non part 2 on Sunday morning, before Father Sun comes up.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you Sada, Hans and Jundo. Thank you for the great talk Hans. Gassho to all sitting.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

May I echo Heisoku, thanks to Hans for being so spontaneous, Jundo for organizing and setting the whole thing up for us again and, Sada for being herself. It was great to be able to sit live in the UK without having to get up in the middle of the night. I would be nice for this to become a regular event

Gassho

David

It was a pleasure to practice with you, guys!
    Thanks a lot Jundo and Hans - that was a great Dharma Talk.
    Sorry for the mic problems - I unmuted it, but the sensitivity settings must have been too low. (My question was not profound or clever anyway )

Will sit with Non-Part I on Monday probably...

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Thanks all, i was glad to be here! fyi; google+ sent me a notification saying, "because of the number of participants, your microphone is muted by default."
    Also, viewed the nontwo part, thank you Hans and Jundo, and Sada-cahn for ringing the bells

gassho,
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Wonderful! Thank you Hans, Jundo and Sada.

Gassho
    Matt

I ended up sitting non-part two. Mongen, thank you for your dharma talk. I really enjoyed it. Sada added a wonderful presence as well. deep bows to all, Matt J

Mongen - Dharma Talk is good!

Jundo & Sada - Thank you for hospitality, a good moment for all!

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    Thank you Hans, Jundo, and Sada ... Wonderful sitting with you all.

Gassho
    Shingen

Thank you all. Great talk Hans. Great talk Sada. And Jundo, your silence was a great talk too!
    Gassho
    Myozan

Thanks all - great talk Hans. Little Sada is growing fast - she will soon be leading Zazenkai

Gassho

Willow

Was camping. I'll try to catch up.

Wonderful dharma talk, Hans. And hello to Sada and Jundo.
    Gassho,

Daisho

(Jack K.)

Hello Treeleafers,

I'm about to go to bed for a few hours before flying back home. Thanks to all of you for your encouraging feedback and thanks once more to Jundo (plus family) and Taigu for their great hospitality during my trip to Japan.

I am sure Sada's dharma talks will revolve around Anpanman one day (google if you dare).

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Sat the first part with Shujin.

Gassho all.
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Thank you for the sit (Part one that is : ) ; part 2 this weekend. Looking forward to the talk.

Gassho,

Risho

Nindo
    Excellent on all counts!
    Gassho,
    Nindo

Gassho for round one.
    Gassho for round two.
    Very good Hans!!!
    thank you all.
    Gishu-George

Hans excellent talk!

Sada wins on cuteness. lol

Gassho,

Risho

Finally took the time to catch up on part 2.

Thanks, everybody!

Gassho

Jen

Thank you everyone,
    very down to earth zazenkai Hans, and extra bow for that,
    _()_
    Myoku