Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our SPECIAL ZAZENKAI & TALK with GUSTAV ERICSSON

Wonderful.

Thank you.

Gassho,
    Edward
    Practice with humility, respect all beings, avoid attachments, give rise to prajña from your own awareness, put an end to delusions - Hui-neng

Thank you for sharing your experience and positive energy.
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

Thank you! In the light of recent discussions on the meeting of Zen and Christianity, it was great to have Gustav's input. His work as a prison officer seems to have greatly informed his practice too. A lovely man.

Gassho
    Andy

Thank you for posting the video here as I have a hard time joining in live events. My husband is a liberal Christian so I look forward to listening to what this man has to say.

Treena

I watched it, thank you so much for inviting "Just Gustav" to talk at TreeLeaf. What appropriate timing after my post concerning my fundamental father-in-law who thinks all others will go to hell. Upon much reflection on that post, and practicing mindfulness I've come to discover a few things. I realize that my intense fear and anger towards my father-in-law is actually fear that he is right, that I am, in fact going to go to hell. I have become agnostic about many ideas to do with god, but since this belief has been ingrained in me since a small child, I realize now that deep down inside, I still have that fear. I can't quite describe it, but suddenly, through mindfulness, the fear has almost disappeared.

My husband and I were obviously both raised in very strict, conversative Christian homes. Both of us were not happy living like this and we did not want to pass this sort of belief on to our children. For him, he has turned to liberal Christianity, with the same beliefs that Gustav explained here. For me, I've turned away from Christianity and found peace in Zen buddhism. We are trying to now raise our children by the words of Thich Nhat Hahn, in his book Going Home, with two roots, Jesus and Buddha. I still have an aversion to Jesus due to all the fear and religious dogma that was taught to me as a child. But Gustav's talk really helped to clear some things up in my head, and get rid of the underlying fear that I have.

On another note, since my post, I had a talk with my mom. Although she is not happy that I am Buddhist, we finally built some bridges of peace between each faith. I even told her that I think the fact that she has a relationship with Jesus "is a beautiful thing" I could not have responded so loving without the gentle advice that was given to me here at Treeleaf. So thank you to so many here, and deep bows to each of you. I so appreciate all who took the time to post to me and share their own stories.

Gassho,
    Treena

Hello all,

Another wonderful experience! Thank you Just Jundo for inviting Just Gustav to come and speak with us. This was a very profound and lovely teaching. I once again took some notes to share with my family...this is truly appreciated. _/\_

Treena - I'm so happy to hear that you and your Mom have found a comfortable space to truly talk to each other regarding your differences. It is amazing what you can learn when labels are dropped and true listening is achieved. _/\_

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Thank you. I much appreciated the talk and the sense of community it brought to me.

I'm struggling a bit with some beliefs that seem to be taken for granted in my other sangha. For me, a literal reading of the pali canon and it's beings and realms is not so obvious or even obviously helpful. I recognize that I can bring quite a bit of ego and papancha into this struggle so doing sangha in that context is an interesting practice and process.

With metta,
    Em
    Last edited by em; 07-03-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Em, I have a similar problem with my local Tibetan sangha and have learned to just sit with them rather than bringing my questioning and ego. Questioning what is taken for granted there rarely serves any useful purpose. Learning that my questioning might just be self-serving and not helpful to others is an ongoing process.

Gassho
    Andy