Thread: June 21-22nd, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

June 21-22nd, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-21-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    I will be there.

Gassho
    Shingen

I'll be there live!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Yugen
    I will be there as well!

Gassho
    Yugen

Assuming that Google + gives me a hangout link, I will also be there live. If I cannot join the hangout again, I will watch the live feed.

Gassho,
    William

Hi William,

Quote Originally Posted by William Anderson View Post
    Assuming that Google + gives me a hangout link, I will also be there live. If I cannot join the hangout again, I will watch the live feed.
    A few days ago the only way to join a hangout was by clicking on "Hangouts" (or was it the Notifications symbol?) on the right sidebar. All of a sudden a link for joining the hangout finally popped up.
    Maybe you can try this in case you encounter problems.

I personally will sit - as usual - with the recorded version, as it is too late for me.

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Will be there, between all those bald men

Gassho

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for your practice

I'll be there a few hrs later - Welsh time.

Gassho

david

I will have to sit with this tomorrow as I am taking my Fiance on a date tonight. Thank you all who will, are, and have sat. I wish you all well on your journeys

Gassho,

James

Yugen
    James: Enjoy your date! It's a beautiful summer evening!

Gassho
    Yugen

Thank you all for your practice. It felt great to be back among you. Gassho, william

Thank you William, Kyonin, Yugen, Jundo, and everyone who will sit, sat, are sitting, etc

GAssho
    Thank you for your practice

Yugen
    Koshin, thank you for your steady presence - thank you all for sitting - past, present, and future. Greetings to our colleagues in Europe and the UK who will sit in a few hours' time.

Deep bows
    Yugen

Mp
    Thank you everyone .... have a great weekend.

Gassho
    Shingen

Thank you all who sat/will sit.

This was a very interesting zazenkai because in the second sitting Jundo's cat in Japan visited the Zendo and started meowing. My cat here in Mexico listened and started to look for him and responded to the call!

I never thought a Mexican cat would understand a Japanese cat

Languages and frontiers are only a human invention.

Anyway. Have a great weekend everyone!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thanks to all who sat and all who will. I got confused about the cat as mine often scratches the door of the meditation room. I hope you didn't cut the cat in half Jundo! Bows to all

Gassho

David

Thanks to all that sat and will sit, cats included!

Have a great weekend.

Gassho,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post

This was a very interesting zazenkai because in the second sitting Jundo's cat in Japan visited the Zendo and started meowing. My cat here in Mexico listened and started to look for him and responded to the call!

Gassho,

Kyonin

Kyonin, my three kitties had the same reaction. Jundo's cat has a deep, deep voice. But, I just sat, as previously instructed by Jundo, to avoid being "caught by the cat."

gassho,
    william

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post

Gassho,

Kyonin
    I always enjoy when Mr. Meow Meow comes to give a talk during zazenkai.

Gassho
    Shingen

Thanks a lot for your practice!

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Missed this one but will be sitting on Tues. evening. Gassho, Matt J

Sat Sunday night - thank you, all.

Gassho.

Thank you all for this practice
    Gassho
    Gi shu--George.