Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our 'Shukke Tokudo' Homeleaving Ordination of Kyonin, Yugen & Shokai - THIS SUNDAY!

Our 'Shukke Tokudo' Homeleaving Ordination of Kyonin, Yugen & Shokai - THIS SUNDAY!

This Sunday June 9th (Sunday 10 AM Eastern Time, 7AM Pacific Time in North America, 3pm London Time and 4pm Paris Time), our Sangha will welcome new novice priests through the ritual of 'Shukke Tokudo' Homeleaving Ordination.

As is typical of our Sangha, the ceremony will be conducted simultaneously in four places around the world ... dropping all thought of here and there, now and then ... with the Preceptor (Jundo) in Japan, and our Ordainees, Kyonin Barros in Mexico, Shokai Maxwell in Canada and Yugen Kemos in the United States.

If you would like to witness the ceremony, and join in our celebration, the netcast will be seen at this link ...

The ceremony will be about an hour or so. So far, Shingen (Michael) has agreed to join us on Google+ "as a witness, and we have room for 3 additional folks who have webcams and know how to join a Google+ Hangout. If you can commit to being there, and are already familiar with Google+, please post below. While everyone else will watch "one way" at the link above, Shingen and the others will be representing the warm hearts of everyone witnessing the ceremony from home.

If you cannot join us live, FEAR NOT, as the entire event will be recorded and shared with everyone at the above link for all to witness later.

Thank you to all in our Sangha for joining us in this time of celebration.

If you would like to read a bit more about the meaning of Shukke Tokudo Homeleaving as a Novice-Priest here at Treeleaf, please look here ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...ng-ORDINATIONS

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-09-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

This is wonderful! Deep bows and much respect for Kyonin, Shokai and Yugen.

If there is a free space I would be honored to act as a witness. If not I will be there at the back.
    Deep bows,
    Matt

Wonderful! Wonderful!
    Gassho
    Myozan

Yes, Matt. Thank you.

Oh, and if I may ask for witnesses to dress a bit for the event ... button down and jacket for the gents, no t-shirts please.

Please wear your Rakusu if you have too.
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-06-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Much respect and bows to you all.
    Gassho
    Seisou

My deep respect and congratulations to the homeleavers. May they walk the way with joy and love.

I can be there and act and would be honoured to acts as a witness if suitable.

Gassho

David
    Last edited by Taikyo; 06-06-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Kyonin, Shokai and Yugen, congratulations!

Hello David,

You are welcome to join us at Google+. I will add your name.

Gassho, J

Kyonin, Shokai and Yugen - congratulations, will look forward to watching the recorded netcast.

You have all been such a solid presence at Tree Leaf for me.

Thank you for your practice

Gassho

Willow

Thank you all.

It is a very special time for us. I hope you all can make it.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be there in whatever capacity is needed.

I'll be there to see my brothers leave home.

Gassho.
    Seimyo

明 Seimyō (Christhatischris)

Great news. Much respect with deep bows.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Since we seem to have (at least to my count), three witnesses, I'm willing to be held in reserve in case of the unexpected. Congratulations, guys - well deserved

Gassho,
    Shujin

Yugen
    My Brother Kyonin is right. This is a very special time for us - I am nothing but the recipient of the grace, and opportunity, that you all have created by practicing here. This opportunity is something to be cherished, nourished, and recognized for its renewal, day by day. I shall do my very best to be worthy of your practice.

We celebrate what you all have created here.

Thank you.

Deep bows
    Yugen
    Last edited by Yugen; 06-06-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Will join "one way"... congratulations

Gassho

Mp
    Yes, this is a wonderful time and would be honored to be there live to witness.

Gassho
    Shingen

Kyonin,Yugen and Shokai, congratulations and thank you for continuing to give our Sangha your support and practice.
    Gassho,

Daisho

(Jack K.)

Deep bows to all of you, and to each of you. Gassho, Ann/Josho

Gassho guys

Daido

Just wanted to drop by to tell you how happy I am for you guys!
    Will follow the ceremony live (w/out webcam) if I feel well again...

All the best,

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

I will be there with bells on! Congratulations again!

Gassho
    Shohei

Mp
    Do we have to put our names onto a list to be part of the live ceremony?

Gassho
    Shingen

I will do my best to participate but due to some work responsibilities, I am not certain that I can watch it live.

Congratulations again Yugen, Kyonin and Shokai.

I'm not sure about this either?

Live, one way or recorded. I'll be there in my Sunday best but minus the rakusu.

Gassho,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Do we have to put our names onto a list to be part of the live ceremony?

Gassho
    Shingen

Congrats to all. Especially to the old guy who looks so young -)

All life is change, and that has certainly been so here at Treeleaf. This is the first post I saw upon checking in after a regrettably long hiatus. I am pleased to see and congratulate some familiar old friends on this wonderful occasion.
    Excellent. and hello to all again.
    ~Hogo.

Good to see you again Hogo.
    Heisoku 平 息

Congrats to all!

Congratulations to Kyonin, Yugen, and Shokai! I will be there "one way".

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Congratulations to all on this next (non)step!

_/\_

Eika

Sent from tapatalk
    [size=150:m8cet5u6]??[/size:m8cet5u6] We are involved in a life that passes understanding and our highest business is our daily life---John Cage

Best wishes to all three of you. You are shining examples of the Treeleaf community. I will be there to witness your homeleaving.

Congratulations on the commitment you are about to make.

Deep bows
    Andy

Thank you Shokai, Yugen, Kyonin,
    wonderful ceremony, wonderful commitment. Congratulation!
    Gassho
    Myoku

Congratulations Yugen, Kyonin, and Shokai!

A beautiful ceremony...my love and gratitude to all my brothers and sisters in the dharma.

Deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you, guys & congratulations. I'm glad I was able to view the ceremony. Have a wonderful Sunday

Gassho,
    Shujin

Congratulations! Very nice ceremony. I'm glad I was able to watch it live for a change. Enjoy your day!

Gassho
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Mp
    Congratulations Kyonin, Yugen, and Shokai! What a beautiful ceremony ... thank you for your practice and commitment.

Deep Bows
    Shingen

Excellent ceremony. Congratulations guys.
    ~Hogo / Dave.

Wonderful!
    Congrats to all of you - I wish you all the very, very best!

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Congratulations to Kyonin, Yugen, and Shokai! A really great ceremony. Very moving. Thanks to all involved. Beautiful. Beautiful!
    Gassho
    Myozan

Go and have a nice rest.

beautiful ceremony and a wonderful beginless time.

gassho

T.

Beautiful and moving ceremony. Thank you for your practice and commitment.

Deep bows,
    Matt

Congratulations to our new unsui (sorry I cannot remember all your new names), it was a very moving ceremony. Gassho, Gassho, Gassho.
    Heisoku 平 息

"All things are fresh and New"... How Beautiful.. The sincerity of Kyonin, Shokai, and Yugen was very clear. I have witnessed ordinations under the late Daido Loori Roshi before, and there is no difference in the emotions the ceremony elicits, be it in a physical monastery or here in this space-less space that Reverends Jundo and Taigu have been kind and wise enough to offer us. I am deeply moved.

Congratulations again to Kyonin, Shokai, and Yugen; may you carry this great way forward with pure and humble hearts. From what I have seen of you all in my short time here I have no reason to doubt that you will. I look forward to continuing along the way with you all in your new roles as Treeleaf Unsui.

Endlessly on the path with you,
    Arnold

Deep bows the new Unsui!! Brilliant ceremony and agreed - very moving and honoured to witness it!

Gassho
    Shohei

Congratulations are in order! Thank you all for your commitment!

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Congratulations Yugen, Kyonin and Shokai... what a great day, beautiful ceremony, all together as one

Deep Bows

Gassho

Congratulations Kyonin, Yugen and Shokai and thank you for your commitment to the Dharma.
    Gassho, Jakudo.
    Gassho, Shawn Jakudo Hinton
    It all begins when we say, “I”. Everything that follows is illusion.
    "Even to speak the word Buddha is dragging in the mud soaking wet; Even to say the word Zen is a total embarrassment."
    寂道

My love and support to our new priests May we walk the Way together. It was certainly a beautiful ceremony and such an honour to be a witness.

With deep deep bows

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast