Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: Talk on Sandokai

Talk on Sandokai

I just enjoyed this talk by Jakusho Kwong Roshi of Sonoma Mountain Zen Centre on the Sandokai (The Identity of Relative and Absolute).
    Posting in case others might find it helpful to understand this liturgy too.

http://smzc.podbean.com/2012/10/31/s...its-about-you/

Gassho
    Andy

Ooh, thanks for that. I just downloaded the podcast.

Gassho

Jen
    The result is not the point; it is the effort to improve ourselves that is valuable. There is no end to this practice. --Shunryu Suzuki

Thanks for the share Andy.

Gassho
    Shingen
    真 眼

As a trainee priest, please take any commentary by me on matters of the Dharma with a pinch of salt.

Thank you for sharing!
    Gassho,
    Kaishin

Uncontrived natural awareness

Thank you to allow that voice hit the void

Gassho

Taigu
    Taigu, teacher at Treeleaf Sangha, was born in 1964, started Zazen early and received Shukke Tokudo in 1983 at age 18 from Rev. Mokusho Zeisler of the Deshimaru Lineage. Received Dharma Transmission from Chodo Cross in 2002. Now resides in Osaka, Japan.

Thanks Andy, gonna listen to it while cleaning the house.

Gassho

Enkyo

Thank you.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Karasu. I listened to this and it was really wonderful. Kwong Roshi had much good to say but I was most moved by his laughter. His laughter is so genuine. Hearing this and the Sangha echoing that laughter in the background, I couldn't help but smile and think that Genjoji sounds like a joyful place.

Arnold - yes, i found exactly the same. Roshi dissolving into laughter at the end was the part that remains with me most!

I am going to say that it is a bit of a messy talk, all over the place. But there are some very good moments ... and I do love Bill Kwong's laugh!

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I agree, Jundo. I did want more content on the Sandokai but thought it was worth sharing in any case.

Thank you for sharing

Gassho

P.S. Yup, I know, my English sucks