Thread: Alternative Zazenkai Times

Alternative Zazenkai Times

Hey i tried joining the zazenkai yesterday. it is at 3 in the morning here. but i just couldnt stay awake and function so i passed.
    i know it is recorded and live anytime anywhere. but i would really like to join a real live sitting sometimes.
    so i was thinking maybe it is possible for people in europe to have their own zazenkai times too.
    or even have zazenkai at alternating times. one week at japan time and another week in europe time or usa time.
    like 12:00 GMT.

just a thought.

Gassho, Dojin.
    I gained nothing at all from supreme enlightenment, and for that very reason it is called supreme enlightenment
    - the Buddha

Hi Dojin,

I'm not sure where you are, but there is weekly Zazen courtesy of Myozan on G+, Wednesdays from 9PM BST.

Gassho
    Matt

Dojin,

All the unsui do a weekly sit. Mine are on Monday, at 9am Eastern US Time (that's 4pm in Israel if my calculations are correct) and 11pm EST (6am Tuesday IST). The other unsui each have a day which are listed on the calendar:

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/calendar.php

And no need to segregate between continents since one person's morning sit is another's evening sit. Perhaps I'll see you!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Matt,

You should be getting invitations to most of the unsui sits, not just Myozan. Are you not getting them?

Gassho,
    Dosho

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Hi Dojin,

I'm not sure where you are, but there is weekly Zazen courtesy of Myozan on G+, Wednesdays from 9PM BST.

Gassho
    Matt

Hi Dosho,

Yes. I do indeed get invited, but because of work commitments and family I generally can only make the live sits on Wednesday (Myozan) and Thursday (Hans). I'd love to sit more.

I guess I just equated 3am to be closer to UK time hence the suggestion.

Thanks for asking.

Gassho
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    Matt,

You should be getting invitations to most of the unsui sits, not just Myozan. Are you not getting them?

Gassho,
    Dosho
    Last edited by Genshin; 04-20-2013 at 08:05 PM.