Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Retreat in United States

Hospital scrubs would work well
    gassho, Shokai

gassho, Jindo Shokai, an itinerant monk emeritus still learning the way and knowing nothing.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

what Yugen says...

No issue with shorts. Go for what is comfortable. shall i shock people again here? It is traditionnal to ask people,not too reaveal too much of their body though.Whoever have sat for long retrats know all too well the way the mind plays with that kind of thing.

Gassho

Taigu
    Last edited by Taigu; 02-16-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Hi Yugen,

I'm looking into airline tickets for the retreat. A preference for arriving on the afternoon of the 8th has been posted. What about departure? Should it be later in the afternoon on the 15th or is some other time preferable for ride sharing etc. ?

Gassho,

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Yugen
    Shugen,
    I would go ahead and book for the afternoon of the 15th. The last event (celebration following Shukke Tokudo) concludes at 2 PM. If you can get a flight out around/after 5-530 PM you should be good. You are traveling relatively short distance on the East Coast so you should be good (I hope).

Deep bows
    Yugen

Dear retreat organisers,

once more THANK YOU for putting all of this together. Ican'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twait Ican'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twait

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

But you have to wait Virginia, there is no santa Claus, remember??

gassho, Jindo Shokai, an itinerant monk emeritus still learning the way and knowing nothing.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
    Shugen,
    I would go ahead and book for the afternoon of the 15th. The last event (celebration following Shukke Tokudo) concludes at 2 PM. If you can get a flight out around/after 5-530 PM you should be good. You are traveling relatively short distance on the East Coast so you should be good (I hope).

Deep bows
    Yugen
    Thank you.

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    You are welcome for whatever period of time you are able to attend. We would ask that you join the sesshin either at the beginning of the day, or during lunch period.
    I have been trying to work through some of the family and business arrangements on my end for the retreat, and it is looking less and less likely that I can attend for the entire time, however I will certainly be there for part of the time.

Yugen, I was wondering if you have any thoughts on recommending a start day for those of us who cannot attend the entire retreat. I am sure we want to be flexible to accommodate different schedules, but at the same time I'm wondering if there is a "preferred" day we should aim for so part-timers could arrive more or less together. This might avoid a daily disturbance to Dokan's household, the unsui, complications with airport pickups, etc. E.g. something like: "If you can only attend part of the time, we recommend you arrive during the lunch period on Monday the 11th, but if you cannot arrive then, we would be happy to see you whenever you can make it."

Maybe that is actually more complicated, I don't know. Just thinking out loud I guess.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Yugen
    Hi Sekishi,
    Right now I am inclined not to get too complicated and ask people to attend the days that work for their schedules. The one thing I would ask is that folks arrive and join the beginning of the day or at lunchtime.... not during the course of the day's practice. The schedule is pretty much the same each day, so there is not a preferred day or days to attend. The only note is that the last day of the retreat concludes with the Ordination Ceremony! With regard to coordination of rides to /from Dokan's home, I'm thinking of asking some folks to form a Transportation Committee to keep track of travel arrangements and brainstorm how to handle transport. Stay tuned.

Deep bows
    Yugen

Mp
    Hi Sekishi,
    Right now I am inclined not to get too complicated and ask people to attend the days that work for their schedules. The one thing I would ask is that folks arrive and join the beginning of the day or at lunchtime.... not during the course of the day's practice. The schedule is pretty much the same each day, so there is not a preferred day or days to attend. The only note is that the last day of the retreat concludes with the Ordination Ceremony! With regard to coordination of rides to /from Dokan's home, I'm thinking of asking some folks to form a Transportation Committee to keep track of travel arrangements and brainstorm how to handle transport. Stay tuned.

Deep bows
    Yugen
    Thank you Yugen,

I too am trying to coordinate stuff here to participate in this retreat either full or in part ... hopefully all works out. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Right now I am inclined not to get too complicated and ask people to attend the days that work for their schedules. The one thing I would ask is that folks arrive and join the beginning of the day or at lunchtime.... not during the course of the day's practice.
    Thank you Yugen.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Hi All,

Did I miss a post about where to send our deposits?

Deep Gassho
    Seizan

Yugen
    Hi Seizan,
    Please stay tuned ... We will be posting information regarding where to send deposits next week. We are in the process of setting up the Treeleaf bank account to accept deposits. We will also make available a registration form.

Thanks all for your patience.

Deep bows
    Yugen

Hi Seizan,
    Please stay tuned ... We will be posting information regarding where to send deposits next week. We are in the process of setting up the Treeleaf bank account to accept deposits. We will also make available a registration form.

Thanks all for your patience.

Deep bows
    Yugen
    I will try to start squirreling away some of my student loan money. I can also pay in used textbooks or freeze dried camp food if that is easier ; )

I'm holding off on buying a plane ticket/planning my drive for a couple more weeks while I wait for my school schedule for that period to become finalized. Once everything comes together I will let you guys know.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234