Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: Height of Mudra

Height of Mudra

I generally sit quarter-lotus. In doing this, I find there are two ways to hold the mudra.

1. With thumbs at height of navel, blades of hands against lower abdomen, resting on nothing, elbows a bit further away from the body.
    2. With wrists resting on inner thighs, mudra down in front of the groin area, elbows a bit closer to the body.

In terms of physical mechanics, is there a difference/benefit between these two methods or is it a matter of comfort for the practitioner?

Blue Mountain White Clouds Hermitage Priest Taigu's Avatar
    Well, the mudra should traditionnaly sit on the cup formed by both feet in lotus, if not, the best option is to use a rolled up towel held in place to support the mudra. Arms and shoulders should be relaxed.
    I hope this answer helps, keniz138.

Gassho

Taigu
    Taigu, teacher at Treeleaf Sangha, was born in 1964, started Zazen early and received Shukke Tokudo in 1983 at age 18 from Rev. Mokusho Zeisler of the Deshimaru Lineage. Received Dharma Transmission from Chodo Cross in 2002. Now resides in Osaka, Japan.