Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our 2013 Treeleaf Jukai (Undertaking the Precepts) Celebration is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by willow View Post
    Is there any place where members are listed with their Dharma name and its meaning?

Gassho

Willow
    Hi Willow,

No formal list(yet ) but there is this old thread Shokai started.....
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...1-Dharma-Names

Gassho,
    Hoyu
    Ho (Dharma)
    Yu (Hot Water)

Even though I lost the connection a few times, the ceremony was awesome and the real connection with was with Treeleafers all around the globe taking part with me. Many thanks to Jundo and Taigu in producing such an event!
    Daisho

Dai - Great
    Sho - True, Proper
    Gassho,

Daisho

(Jack K.)

Congratulations to all!

Gassho,
    BrianW/Jisen

Quote Originally Posted by Jack4Buddha View Post
    Even though I lost the connection a few times, the ceremony was awesome and the real connection with was with Treeleafers all around the globe taking part with me. Many thanks to Jundo and Taigu in producing such an event!
    Daisho

Dai - Great
    Sho - True, Proper
    If you feel the connection in your Heart, then there was connection. After all this time of sewing and reflecting upon the Precepts, the ceremony is simply a celebration of such.

However, if someone had to miss attending the ceremony, or there was some significant "technical non-problem", I am happy to meet privately so that for a chat and a short "confirmation ceremony".

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Dear All,

I repaired some of the "technical non-issues" we had in the below record. If you had any problems hearing or viewing any portion of the live ceremony, you may watch again.

I will say this on behalf of our way of Jukai across oceans ... having participated in any number of Jukai ceremonies in Japan, where the content is recited in arcane, ancient Japanese and Chinese (barely understandable to modern Japanese) filled with Buddhist terminology and symbolism which the Jukai ceremony participants barely understand (if at all, and except in their hearts), where people cannot observe what is happening across the room (the largest Jukai I joined at a big temple had over 100 participants) and where folks are just plain nervous (think of your own wedding ceremony, if married folks) ... I promise that you all understand and have witnessed more of our ceremony as it was happening than most Japanese or Chinese might (even the priests sometimes!) .

On behalf of Taigu and me, it was an honor to experience this moment with you.

Gassho, Jundo

Last edited by Jundo; 01-14-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Thank you Jundo ... I sent the video to my mom to watch and she loved it very much.

Gassho
    Shingen/Michael

Indeed,my Jukai and tokudo were all in Japanese...could not get anything at all...

gassho

Taigu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyu View Post
    Hi Willow,

No formal list(yet ) but there is this old thread Shokai started.....
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...1-Dharma-Names

Gassho,
    Hoyu
    Hoyu,thanks for the link. A great thread within a great thread.

Willow

Congratulations and Thank you to all my Dharma friends and family.
    Gassho

Sei - Noble, Vital
    sou - Grass

Still Jeff

Congratulations!
    Gassho,
    Eika

Sent from tapatalk
    [size=150:m8cet5u6]??[/size:m8cet5u6] We are involved in a life that passes understanding and our highest business is our daily life---John Cage

Every time I put on my rakusu I remember the ceremony and the laughter and joy after and still.
    Congratulations to all jukai'ers and this wonderful e-group.
    Thanks Jundo and Taigu....magnificent work.
    Seido Ed B.
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Kyotai
    Congratulations everyone.

Gassho

Shawn

Hi all,

Lovely ceremony! Congrats to all!

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12