Thread: January 12th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

January 12th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-11-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I'll be there

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be sitting this one recorded. Need to attend work related function tonight.

Gassho, kojip

Will try to be there live w/out webcam (if I'm still awake), but if not I'll sit the recorded version next day in the evening.

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

The stars and planets have aligned... and so has this event and my wife's work schedule so I will be there with bells on live for once in a long while!

Gassho
    Shohei

Quote Originally Posted by Shohei View Post
    The stars and planets have aligned... and so has this event and my wife's work schedule so I will be there with bells on live for once in a long while!

Gassho
    Shohei
    Great, will be there with you all.

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Mp
    I will be there too.

Gassho
    Michael

Thank you Jundo,
    will be re-sitting on g+ hangout a few hours later, for anyone interested to sit with me on g+, just check the calendar for your local time,
    Gassho
    Myoku

I'll be there.

Gassho,
    Dosho

As the first Zazenkai since signing up I'll be there.

Gassho,
    -Jeff
    Last edited by jeff_u; 01-11-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Hi,
    Will sit the recorded version the following day.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Heyho folks,

I'll sit with the recorded version tomorrow! Thank you all for your practise.

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Have a great sit all. I'll also be sitting with this tomorrow.

Gassho.
    Chris

Will sit the recorded video hopefully tomorrow. Thank you all!

Gassho
    Kia

With you live. But frustratingly iPad not giving me access to Hangout.
    Gassho,
    Myozan

Thank you everyone...a delight to sit with you.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Quote Originally Posted by Myozan Kodo View Post
    With you live. But frustratingly iPad not giving me access to Hangout.
    Gassho,
    Myozan
    Anyway, I saw you there

Thank you everybody, have a great weekend and see you in Jukai Ceremnoy

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Yugen
    I will be sitting Zazenkai this weekend. Thank you all - and see you at Jukai!

Deep bows
    Yugen

Thank you all for the wonderful sitting.

Gassho,

Jeff

Mp
    Thank you everyone ... Was a great turn out. Have a great weekend.

Gassho
    Michael

Just a technical question for next time, with our new Community at Google+ ...

For our Zazenkai next week, do I invite people to the hangout by clicking "Sangha Members" (which seems to have 110 members) or "Treeleaf Zendo" (which seems to have 75 folks in it)? Next to "Sangha Members" there is a mark that looks like a circle, and next to "Treeleaf Zendo" a circle with three dots inside. Here is a screen cap ...

delete capture zendo.jpg
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Jundo,

I believe you'd want to select the "Treeleaf Zendo" one, although my understanding from Myoku is that if you are on the Treeleaf Zendo Community webpage andstart a hangout, you don't have to invite anyone. But as I wrote him earlier today, my understanding of G+ is spotty at best. So, hopefully he will chime in here.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you all for sitting together!

Gassho
    Bianca

Gassho and thank you everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    For our Zazenkai next week, do I invite people to the hangout by clicking "Sangha Members" (which seems to have 110 members) or "Treeleaf Zendo" (which seems to have 75 folks in it)?
    The symbols are for Circle and Community, you have more in the Circles as not everyone yet moved to the Community (especially not those who are no longer active or have not visited google for a while). The rule is to just start a hangout from the community page to invite the whole community, with one exception: you not yet can start a Hangout on Air from there, so Jundo should start as usual and invite the Community.
    Gassho
    Myoku

Thank you all who sat/will sit.

See you on the Jukai ceremony

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Another technical question. Can someone post instructions on how to sit along with the pre-recorded version in a hangout? I know we've done it, but I dont know how to stream the recorded version into a current hangout. Gassho.

Never mind. I see they've made it nice and easy for us.

First sitting in more than a week since getting the flu. Gassho, Matt

Thank you Jundo and all sitting. Gassho.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Thanks everyone!

_/\_

Ade

Gassho

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Thanks to all who sat and will sit.
    Gassho
    Lee