Thread: INTRODUCING: Our New "Guide to Zazen" and "Tour of Treeleaf" (& newsletter too)

INTRODUCING: Our New "Guide to Zazen" and "Tour of Treeleaf" (& newsletter too)

Dear All,

We have published some new resources for newcomers to Treeleaf, and I would like to point them out to everyone here ...

First is a written, introductory Guide to Basic Sitting (PDF) (LINK), meant primarily for people very new to sitting and Shikantaza Zazen.

Next, is a video "Guided Tour of Treeleaf" hosted by Taigu (LINK), meant to take newcomers to our Sangha on a guided tour of this Forum and some of our other resources. It is found on our Treeleaf.org webpage, and accompanies our earlier "Welcome to Treeleaf" video (LINK) that highlights the flavor of this community. All people registering with Treeleaf will be pointed to these resources as their first stop. Please have a look.

All that is in addition to our present special series of video TALKS FOR BEGINNERS (we are all beginners!) (LINK), meant for new folks and old alike, and introducing the "how-non-to" of Shikantaza in detail.

Also in the coming days, you should receive in your email a short Treeleaf Newsletter called "The Leaf", containing some articles by or about some of our members. Please look for that, and consider publishing something in one of the future issues to be sent a few times a year. (You can also opt out if your mailbox is too cluttered! ) I wrote there ...

Welcome to our first issue of the ‘Leaf’, yet another small way for us to reach out and embrace in this Sangha unlimited by place and distance. We hope the feeling and content is as simple and cozy as an old school newspaper, with news of events, poems, pointers, recipes and laughter, book tips, stories and profiles of some of our diverse, lovely Treeleaf members.

I wish to thank the several people who worked so hard and tirelessly on creating each of these resources, in front and behind the scenes, often losing sleep and despite other jobs and responsibilities. I would name them, but each would prefer not to take one drop of credit. Let us offer Gassho and thanks to all of them.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-08-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Gassho Treeleaf.

Daido

These are wonderful resources; thank you to all involved. I'm looking forward to the 1st issue of The Leaf!

_/\_
    Ade

Thank you, Jundo.

And thanks to everyone that's worked hard for this.

Treeleaf rocks

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Thank you Jundo and all the nameless folks who worked so hard.

Gassho
    Michael

Thank you Jundo, Taigu and all hard-working Treeleafers

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Thank you - the newsletter's a great idea

Gassho

Willow

Yes, thanks to all Treeleafers involved - the material is great!
    Looking forward to the newsletter!

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

You all have now the newsletter on your emails.

Hope you enjoy it.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post

Hope you enjoy it.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Thank you Kyōnin ... I think this is a fantastic feature.

Gassho
    Michael

This looks great! The newsletter really rocks. Many thanks to you all - clearly a lot of hard work put in. I'm very grateful for this place.

Hope all are well.

Gassho,
    Alan

Thank you for this. It's always good for me to be able to start over when I've been away for so long.
    _/\_
    Jigetsu

Hey this is pretty cool. A really helpful tool. Good job guys!

Daido

Thank you to all that made the newsletter. Looks great!
    To Jundo and Taigu many thanks for all you do for Treeleaf members.

Gassho,
    Alan

The newsletter is a great idea - and looks wonderful! Thanks to everyone who has made it happen!

The newsletter looks great - many thanks.

Gassho

Willow

disastermouse
    Thank you to all the contributors!

Gassho,

Chet

The newsletter is wonderful! Thank you to all who've contributed!

bows,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Very cool stuff! Deep bows to all those who worked to make this a reality!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Great job on the newsletter!
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Wow...I really like the newsletter! Thanks for this.

Gassho

Mark

The newsletter and basic guide to sitting are both fantastic. I will watch the new video later tonight.

Gassho
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Gassho, to everyone involved with this project, but as yet, it has not hit my box.

Gassho
    Nothing Special

Loved getting the new newsletter, and the resources are great.
    Neika / Ian Adams

寧 Nei - Peaceful/Courteous
    火 Ka - Fire

Look for Buddha outside your own mind, and Buddha becomes the devil. --Dogen

Hope you enjoy it.

Gassho,

Kyonin

Hi Kyonin....... I had referenced on this thread a few days back, and knowing that you are subscribing to it, that the news letter had not hit my box. Could you please engineer this for me, knowing this `all is not a select group, of which I would like to receive now when time allows, and be on that mailing in the future.

Gassho
    Nothing Special

Hi Galen!

I'll gladly send you the newsletter. Just sent you a private message requesting your email address.

Thanks!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Kyōnin,

A question for you ... Is the newsletter an automatic option, or do you need us to provide you email or such?

Gassho
    Michael

Hi Galen!

I'll gladly send you the newsletter. Just sent you a private message requesting your email address.

Thanks!

Gassho,

Kyonin

Will do Kyonin, thanks.

Gasso
    Nothing Special

Quote Originally Posted by ecoist View Post
    Kyōnin,

A question for you ... Is the newsletter an automatic option, or do you need us to provide you email or such?

Gassho
    Michael
    All members were automagically subscribed. We missed a couple of addresses, but they have been added.

Also, all the new members will be added automatically when joining Treeleaf.

We are still adjusting things, so we expect some bugs... that will get squashed when detected

And of course people are be able to unsubscribe whenever they like.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    All members were automagically subscribed. We missed a couple of addresses, but they have been added.

Also, all the new members will be added automatically when joining Treeleaf.

We are still adjusting things, so we expect some bugs... that will get squashed when detected

And of course people are be able to unsubscribe whenever they like.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Wonderful, thanks Kyonin.

Gassho
    Michael

Please follow the Dalai Lama's wise example on our bugs, though perhaps not the breathing kind. Request that they leave before finally squashing.

ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Well done all! Great work all round.
    Gassho
    Myozan

The NL looks great!

Gassho
    Nothing Special

Yep, the editorial team did a good job. That's why I like them

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Yes, great work all! Very cool resources
    Gassho, Kaishin / Matt
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

I like to see monks laugh. Sometimes I forget that my practice is not all seriousness.
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.