Thread: November 3rd, 2012 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

November 3rd, 2012 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

PLEASE NOTE that OUR ANNUAL "AT HOME" 2-DAY ROHATSU RETREAT is currently scheduled for the weekend of December 8th & 9th, via live netcast. LET'S GET READY TO ROHATSU!

ALSO NOTE, DAYLIGHT SAVINGS CLOCKS HAVE ROLLED BACK IN EUROPE, and NEXT WEEK IN AMERICA.

Dear All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE 8am to noon Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 6pm to 10pm, Los Angeles 3pm to 7pm (Friday night), London 11pm to 3am and Paris midnight to 4am (early Saturday morning))

... to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS are posted AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

The Sitting Schedule is as follows;

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:30 ZAZEN
    01:30 - 01:50 KINHIN

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN

02:40 - 03:15 ZAZEN
    03:15 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'. Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-09-2012 at 05:37 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I'll try to be live!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be there.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Mp
    I too will be there live.

Gassho
    Michael

I'll be there too.

Gassho, kojip

Yugen
    I'm going to sit this zazenkai Sunday morning US time. I will miss you all tonight....

For Rohatsu on December 8 and 9, I will be sitting and serving as Doan on Saturday the 8th at Great River Zendo through the day and night, and will join you here at Treeleaf on Sunday the 9th.

Gassho
    Yugen

May not be able to join the full Zazenkai, but anyway will sit with you all

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

If my technology works correctly, I will be joining for my first 'live' sitting here at Treeleaf. Looking forward to it. Gassho -Matt

Thank you!. gassho kojip

Mp
    Wonderful ... thank you Jundo and all who sat and will sit. Have a great weekend.

Gassho
    Michael

Thanks everyone...wonderful to practice with you!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Nindo
    Managed to be there live for a little bit. Spreading out the feast over the weekend. Thank you all for sitting.

It was very nice to meet some of you live. It's nice to put a person in the place of an avatar! I even managed to sit for a pretty good while. I did have to get up to bathe my toddler and put him to bed during the dharma talk, so I will be rewatching that tonight.

Thank you to all!
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Thank you everyone,
    Gassho
    Myoku

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    It was very nice to meet some of you live. It's nice to put a person in the place of an avatar! I even managed to sit for a pretty good while. I did have to get up to bathe my toddler and put him to bed during the dharma talk, so I will be rewatching that tonight.

Thank you to all!
    It was great to have you there Charle and yes, to put a face to the Avatar.

Gassho
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ecoist View Post
    It was great to have you there Charle and yes, to put a face to the Avatar.
    What Michael said.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thanks everyone!

(Note to self: don't eat hot curry the night before Zazenkai )

_/\_
    Ade

Thank you for this wonderful service and teaching. Gassho, Matt

I sat zazenkai on Sunday evening. Thank you all who sat / will sit.

Thank you for the talk, Jundo.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you all who sat and will sit; and thank you Jundo for this teaching

Gassho, Shokai
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Sat with Shujin and Yugen last night.

Gassho to all that will/have sat.
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Just finished first half... will do the last part this evening.
    Thank you,

Lindsay