Thread: September 15th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

September 15th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE POSTED FOR FUTURE WEEKS. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-14-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Thank you Jundo ... I will be there live. :-)

Gassho
    Michael

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'll be there.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I'll have to sit with the recorded version
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Will be there.

Gassho, kojip.

Yugen
    I will be there live.

Gassho
    Yugen

Will be there bright & early Sunday morning.

_/\_

Ade

Will be there live.... sunday morning
    Thank you for your practice

Please save me a zafu, I'll be there live!
    ~Gassho~
    Shinko

Thanks Jundo and everyone. This was a good experience for my first live and online zazenkai. My back is not quite used to the duration, but I am sure time will help and spasms will reduce.

Gassho,

Richard

p.s. Thanks Myoku et. al, for assisting with my Google+ issues.
    e.d. fixed attribution for Google+ help.
    Last edited by richss; 09-16-2012 at 02:18 PM.

So glad you made it in to sit with us Rich (of course you were sitting with us before and always), but the technology can be difficult to navigate!

Thanks to Jundo and all who sit...deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Yugen
    Thank you all for sitting tonight / this morning / this weekend.... !

Deep bows
    Yugen

The sound from the second microphone was clearer during my tests than during today's Zazenkai, but I will try to improve it for next time.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-15-2012 at 02:26 AM.

I will sit this weekend. Hopefully my son will stay sleeping. He's been getting up around 4 - 5 am lately.

Gassho,
    Ekai

Mp
    Thank you Jundo and everyone who sat ... seems I got kicked out and wasn't able to get back in ... but I was with you all the way.

Gassho
    Michael

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you.

Gassho.

Thank you everyone,
    Gassho
    Myoku

Will try to sit with recorded version. Still recovering from my move.
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

ugh... moves are tiring. Gassho everyone! I have a dumb question: since we're in Ango, do you think we could do the Metta Practice at the end of the 90 minute zazenkai's? It's not a big deal; I just thought it would be nice. lol

Have a great day,afternoon or night.

Gassho,

Risho

P.s The sound system was much better.. less echoing and tinny sounding than before

Hi everyone,
    I sat along with you all this afternoon. Great to have that new mic too.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Nindo
    Thank you for sitting with me

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    ugh... moves are tiring. Gassho everyone! I have a dumb question: since we're in Ango, do you think we could do the Metta Practice at the end of the 90 minute zazenkai's? It's not a big deal; I just thought it would be nice. lol

Have a great day,afternoon or night.

Gassho,

Risho

P.s The sound system was much better.. less echoing and tinny sounding than before
    Hi Risho,

I probably won't add it to the weekly Zazenkai, but I encourage you to recite it after if you feel it a good time.

Gassho, J

Chris and I just sat zazenkai.

Thank you all who sat / will sit.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Sat early this morning. I could almost smell the incense. Thank you.
    Gassho
    Jeff

Nindo
    And: "to be free from anger" hit me in a soft spot today - YES - this must be possible ... isn't this exactly what I yearn for ... yearned for as a small child, but then conditioned in anger I learned anger, I have taken my father's anger and made it my own ... ah don't you love those sudden jolts of live dharma words...

Thanks everyone!

_/\_

Ade

Thank you all for sitting together!

Gassho
    Bianca
    Gassho,
    Bianca

Thank you Jundo and all sitting this one. I dedicate my sitting to all those young people around the globe who are starting out university or are finding their independent life around this time. My son being one of them!......and boy does it bring back some memories! Metta to them all.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

New sound system much clearer - thank you, Jundo.

Gassho,

Glow

Sat with Shujin. New microphones sound great.

Gassho
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Thank you all.Thank you Jundo for this sitting.
    Gassho George-Gishu

Sat yesterday, great sound, great sitting

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Thank you all for the sit. Jundo the new mics were pretty good improvement from the other.

Gassho,

Daido

Quote Originally Posted by Daido View Post
    Thank you all for the sit. Jundo the new mics were pretty good improvement from the other.

Gassho,

Daido
    They are not new mikes, but the old mikes used better. Sometimes in life we can take an old something and do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    They are not new mikes, but the old mikes used better. Sometimes in life we can take an old something and do better.
    That is a good lesson that I will apply to myself

Gassho,

Daido

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    It is the same old me ... just used better.

Gassho
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Nindo View Post
    And: "to be free from anger" hit me in a soft spot today - YES - this must be possible ... isn't this exactly what I yearn for ... yearned for as a small child, but then conditioned in anger I learned anger, I have taken my father's anger and made it my own ... ah don't you love those sudden jolts of live dharma words...
    I sat the with the recording last night and had a similar response to "be free from anger". Especially after it had been a trying day with young kids. I began the zazenkai with anger and ended (still a little frustrated) but with a smile .
    Gassho,
    Lindsay

I sat with the recorded video the other day and about halfway into the first zazen session my phone rang. I picked it up: it was my biological mother. So I bowed and answered the phone. No separation. Zazen is zazen. Talking on the phone is not zazen - and it is zazen. Anyway, the conversation ended just as the bell rang for kinhin so I did that until I noticed the screen wasn't moving anymore. So I continued into the second zazen and kinhin, did the Verse of Atonement and Four Vows myself. Again, no separation. I sat the Zazenkai alone and I sat the Zazenkai with Treeleaf, with all sentient beings, with the Universe. We can also say the Zazenkai Zazenkai'd.

Raf

Hello,

Almost a week later, I will be sitting with you all tomorrow afternoon.

Metta and Gassho,

Saijun
    To give up yourself without regret is the greatest charity. --RBB

Thank you for this zazenkai.

_/\_
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Hello,

thank you very much for your practise and this Zazenkai.

All the best and gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen