Thread: August 25th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

August 25th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM MONGEN'S ZEN CORNER' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 3PM Berlin time Saturday afternoon (that should be New York 9AM, Los Angeles 6AM, London 2PM and Paris 3PM…).

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

THIS ZAZENKAI WILL BE HOSTED FROM MY ACCOUNT, hans.stucken [A] GMAIL.COM.
    FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE POSTED FOR FUTURE WEEKS. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY- HEART SUTRA in JAPANESE (strange accents available on request) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

http://www.treeleaf.org/treeleaf_zazenkai_chant_book.pdf

or

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?7032-Weekly-Monthly-Zazenkai-Chant-Book-is-Here

NOTE: This will be the first time I for me to use Google+ for this and I may experience some technical difficulties due to my very small internet connection and if, for some reason, you become disconnected or I disappear please continue along following the schedule as set out above or watch the live stream from youtube posted above.

Though we may not "see" each other lens to lens, we will all still be sitting together, regardless of distance and time.

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen
    Last edited by Hans; 08-25-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks Hans! Will sit Sunday morning (I could've sat live, but we have visitors on Saturday.)

_/\_

Ade

I will sit on Sunday morning as well.

Thank you, Mongen.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I will try to be there depending on how my toddler decides to act tomorrow morning.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

I will be there with bells on!

Gassho
    Shohei

Will be at school, trying to follow you for a sitting period from the smartphone in the library :P, then sit the full zazenkai in sunday morning here in Mexico City

Gassho, and thanks for your Practice
    Thank you for your practice

I have activated a Gmail account, and will be there/here live.

Gassho, kojip

Mp
    Thank you Hans ... I will be there live.

Gassho
    Michael

Nindo
    I don't think you will do "a horrid east coast canadian accent"???
    (I don't think Shohei does, either.)

Hans,

I'll be there! And your accent is quite proper British to my American ears...I would have believed you were a native UK speaker if you had told me so.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Yugen
    I will be there as well!

Gassho
    Yugen

Hi

I am teaching all day Saturday but will sit with you guys early Sunday morning...

Gassho
    _/\_

Bob

I'll be there!
    ~Gassho~
    Shinko

Quote Originally Posted by adrianbkelly View Post
    Thanks Hans! Will sit Sunday morning (I could've sat live, but we have visitors on Saturday.)

_/\_

Ade
    Hi all,
    Just today (Saturday) we have visitors so I cant make it live What time will you sit Sunday morning Ade, maybe we get together a small group ?
    _()_
    Myoku

OK
    but without the images, just by heart.
    Kosen

My thanks to Hans and everyone who sat! Deep bows!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Hello folks,

thanks for your practise. It seems to take some time before youtube shows the video. Strangely enough the camera picture was showing the right side of my room as the left etc. must have to do with the google+ settings, since I've never had that problem before (the final link is okay though). Anyhow, thanks for your practise.

All the best and Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Thank you. sorry for being late.

Gassho, kojip

btw.. your voice has a lovely speaking tone, Hans.

Mp
    Thank you Hans for this weeks Zazenkai and who all sat. Great chanting voice by the way and on the topic of accents, when you first said we would be starting soon, you sounded just like John Lennon.

Gassho
    Michael

Sorry I had to miss this this morning. I had to visit my folks and help out my brother but I will be sitting this tomorrow (Sunday) I envy your tone in chanting and in conversation!

Gassho

Shohei eh?

Thanks Hans & everyone sitting. These past two weeks' zazenkai have really emphasised the international aspect of our zendo. Buddhism without borders!

_/\_

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by Myoku View Post
    Hi all,
    Just today (Saturday) we have visitors so I cant make it live What time will you sit Sunday morning Ade, maybe we get together a small group ?
    _()_
    Myoku
    Sorry Myoku, I didn't see your post until after I sat. I usually sit the zazenkai on Sunday mornings, although the exact start time varies; I'd love to set up a group for future sits.

_/\_

Ade

I just sat this morning...Thank you!

Mark

Just sat. It was nice. Thank you.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Thank you Hans for this zazenkai and gassho to everyone sitting this one.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Thank you Mongen.

Thank you all who sat / will sit.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you Hans and all the Sangha

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Thanks Hans and everyone.
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Thanks Hans. Sat this evening.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Thank you Hans, nice wooden fish
    Thank you everyone sitting,
    Gassho
    Myoku

Gassho. For Saya. As space narrows and widens. It is ok.

Daido