Thread: August 18th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

August 18th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hi everybody!

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM SHOHEI'S ZEN HOLE' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 10 am Atlantic Standard Time Saturday morning (that is New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am, London 2 pm and Paris 3pm.

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

THIS ZAZENKAI WILL BE HOSTED FROM MY ACCOUNT, SHOH3I [A] GMAIL.COM.
    FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE POSTED FOR FUTURE WEEKS. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY- HEART SUTRA in JAPANESE (with a horrid east coast canadian accent) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

NOTE: This will be the first time I have used Google+ for this and I may experience some technical difficulties due to my very small internet connection (1.5mbsdown/256 kbs up) and if, for some reason, you become disconnected or I disappear please continue along following the schedule as set out above or watch the live stream from youtube posted above. Though we may not "see" each other lens to lens, we will all still be sitting together, regardless of distance and time.

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho

Shohei
    Last edited by Shohei; 08-18-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Correction: All below is nonsense, Shohei sits a 2pm London time, so I'll sit live

<start nonsense>

Shohei,
    thank you so much. I plan to resit this one 12:30 pm London time ("European Re-Sit", 10.5 hours after than the original sit), at google+ streaming the recorded version, if you cant sit live and can arrange it I would be happy if you join the hangout. Posted it in the calendar here and to the g+ treeleaf calendar.
    Gassho
    Myoku

<end nonsense>
    Last edited by Myoku; 08-17-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Got the original sitting time wrong

Will be at school, so, I will catch up later. If conditions allow it I will try to be with you with the internet connection of the school and the smartphone, but I do not trust them much

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Myoku,

I think you might find re-sitting at 12:30pm London time to be difficult since Shohei's live sit will be at 2pm London time! So, you guys get a live sit...cool!

As for me, I will be out and about then shopping for back to school clothes and will be unable to sit live, but I shall sit it as soon as I can thereafter.

Gassho,
    Dosho

thanks Dosho, got the original time wrong

Oh no!! I will have to sit Zazenkai on Saturday afternoon.

Thank you, Shohei. I'll see you on the recorder version.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Nindo
    7am in Alberta ... perfect

9am EST works for me.
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Thank you for leading this weeks Zazenkai Shohei
    This is my weekend to work so I'll have to try to catch the recorded version

Gassho,
    Hoyu
    Ho (Dharma)
    Yu (Hot Water)

Mp
    Thank you Shohei for leading this weeks zazenkai. It will be 6am for me, I will try and be there live ... I might still be doing the zzzzzz of zazen.

Gassho
    Michael

Thankyou Shohei. I'll be there.. but may have to quietly leave early for family activity.

Gassho, kojip

I will have to sit to the recording.

Gassho,

Richard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Kojip View Post
    Thankyou Shohei. I'll be there.. but may have to quietly leave early for family activity.

Gassho, kojip
    Me as well.

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Ah.. I do not have an active Gmail account (use another email service) and cannot access this hangout. I'll activate a Gmail account for future hangouts through Gmail.

Will sit with you just the same.

Gassho, kojip.

Drat! I could have sat this live today but at a wedding now! Will sit later tonight

Gassho
    bob

Thanks for the wonderful outdoor sitting.
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Thank you Shohei, thank you everyone sitting, live, same time or later, Gassho
    Myoku

Sorry I had to sneak out there at the end. It was good to sit "live" with everyone.

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Mp
    Thank you Shohei and to all who sat and will sit. You did a great job Shohei and I really enjoyed the outdoor spot.

Gassho
    Michael

Wonderful job Shohei. Just finished sitting recorded version.
    Gassho
    Jeff

Thanks Shohei & to everyone sitting (including the cats!)

_/\_

Ade

Hi.

Thanks for the sit my friend, and everyone else sitting.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Lovely zazenkai. Thanks Shohei!

Gassho,
    Dokan
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
    ~Anaïs Nin

Thank you for the outdoor sit...very nice!

mark

It's good to sit again with you all. Thank you shohei, thank you all.
    Gassho .
    Gi shu -George

Thank you Shohei for the zazenkai. I too have enjoyed the outdoor sitting
    Gassho,
    Andy

Thank you for this zazenkai Shohei. Gassho.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Hello Shohei,

thank you for this Zazenkai.

All the best and gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Thank you for sitting together. Nice cats!

Gassho
    Bianca
    Gassho,
    Bianca