Thread: Jundo in the mountains ...

Jundo in the mountains ...

Hi,

I am camping in the mountains of norther Japan next two weeks, and almost no internet available.

I will try to check in as often as I can. In the meantime ... it is beautiful here.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hello Jundo,

please take some pictures!

All the best and gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Mp
    Have fun Jundo ... give us a gassho so we can see you on Google Maps. Enjoy the time and relax with the family.

Gassho
    Michael

Have fun and take many walks!

And yes, please take some photos.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Photos!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Enjoy your time off the grid!!!
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Have fun!

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Yugen
    Enjoy the mountains and enjoy the time with your family!

Gassho
    Yugen

have fun and a good rest

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Safe travels and Enjoy!

Gassho
    Shohei

Sounds great.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

If you could come back with the answers to all my questions that would be great

Have fun

Daido

Hi
    Have a great time. Don't check in! Enjoy the peace :-)

Gassho
    Myozan

Sounds wonderful - be free of the internet

Have a great holiday

Gassho

Willow

What a great time you're having! I can imagine it's very peaceful and beautiful. Enjoy yourself and like everyone else said, please take many pictures to post later.

Gassho,

Mark

Jundo;
    have a great vacation camping with the bugs and nature. We'll be here when you get back
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Freedom from the Internet--a true vacation for you and your family. Enjoy!!
    Gassho,

Daisho

(Jack K.)

Have a great vacation!

Hope you and the family have a wonderful time and enjoy the disconnect!

Gassho,

Dokan
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
    ~Anaïs Nin

Hello Everyone,

A little internet access here as we move camp. We have been in Shiretoko National Park, in about the northern most tip of Japan and a Unesco World Treasure. I usually don't take many photos and videos of travels (except for a few family shots), just letting the momentary scene be and go ... but here are some lovely pictures from some other folks (they don't really capture it all either, but the photos are wonderful themselves and give a taste) ...

https://www.google.co.jp/search?hl=e...IMOemQXK44HADg

I promise to write more later. Thank you to Taigu and everyone who are tending to things while the family enjoy our hikes and mosquito bites and boundless green. A powerful moment while pondering the wholeness of self and other as a massive wasp (other) crawled along the leg of this self. The kids (including my 12 year old niece who we brought along) are thriving here ... without the TV and all the other modern distractions.

Could scribble one of those Zenny poems or ink paintings ... of water and mountains and clouds ... and while lovely too, hack words and pictures do not say as a wasp buzzes.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-22-2012 at 12:28 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Hello Jundo,

Thanks for the quick note ... I am happy you and your family are having a great time. See you when you get back.

Gassho
    Michael

Enjoy

Gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Hi Jundo... Was that wasp the Giant Japanese Hornet? Attachment 526 They say its sting has quite a kick.

Gassho, kojip

I love bugs as much as the next weirdo and/or entomologist, but that thing invokes visions of giant nuclear-powered lizards.

Glad your vacation is going so well Jundo. May you make it then rest of your trip without seeing another wasp.

Gassho,
    Chris

Beautiful beautiful place. Thanks for the photos, Jundo. I have never heard of that place. Definitely it's one I'd love to visit when I go to Japan in the future.

Have a safe trip back home.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Sounds like an awesome vacation. Hokkaido was on our wish list. safe trip to all and enjoy the nature.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Looks wonderful - have a great vacation.

Gassho

Willow

Nice! Enjoy it all Jundo!

Pictures do not show what we experience, words can never express it, but I still like to look and hear the stories

As for the hornets, I read about those, as FREAKING HUGE as those are the small native honeybees there take it out by ganging together and vibrating together collectively raising the temperature of the swarm and baking the invader (even scarier than the giant hornet imho...) so basically if you hear buzzz.. great time for some drop-whatever-your-doing-and-freeze zazen - do not move!

Gassho
    Shohei