Thread: August 4th, 2012- OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

August 4th, 2012- OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

Dear All,

OUR SUBJECTLESS TALK SUBJECT WILL BE RECENT KOANS FROM 'THE BOOK OF SERENITY'.

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE 8am to noon Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm to 11pm, Los Angeles 4pm to 8pm (Friday night), London midnight to 4am and Paris 1am to 5am (early Saturday morning))

... to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

LINK TO BE POSTED HERE SHORTLY BEFORE NETCAST

WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

The Sitting Schedule is as follows;

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:30 ZAZEN
    01:30 - 01:50 KINHIN

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN

02:40 - 03:15 ZAZEN
    03:15 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'. Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-05-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I'll be there.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Mp
    I will try and be there live. There has been some internet issues over here, so hopefully they have them sorted out by then.

Gassho
    Michael

I'll be there bright & early Sunday morning.

_/\_

Ade

I'll be there/here.

Gassho, kojip

Hello,

I'll sit with you on Sunday! Thank you for your practise.

All the best and Gassho,

Hans

I'll be there live

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Today it's my sisters' b-day so I don't know if I will be there live, but I will be there live anyway, even if it is on sunday

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

My thanks to Jundo, the boota, the Buddha, and all other buddhas, sitting anytime...deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you!

Gassho, kojip

Just a quick note that we'll be doing a re-sit for those not be able to sit live on Saturday 1 PM German Time on Google+ hangouts, I posted an invite at Google+ and it should show up to you at your local time correctly. Its also in the calendar here (Forum/Calendar)
    Gassho
    Myoku

Thank you all who sat / will sit.

Jundo, this teaching was so very powerful. It left my mind spinning for a bit. Thank you.

Everyone have a great weekend!
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you Jundo and all sitters, I just hope the Bootha is ok akter flying at the end of the Zazenkai

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Thank you everyone,
    Gassho
    Myoku

I don't know where the problem lays, but I can get about 15 minutes ata time of clear sailing Zazenkai and then it "times-out" for about 10 minutes; then I get another 10-15 minutes clear again. The zazens could go on for-ever that way...stop laughing Jundo! And Jundo's Dharma talks are as if he is talking and then someone has to stop and translate what he said for someone else I do not see before he can go on. I suppose it is all to teach me patience !

Anyway it was a good experience.

Gassho (putting his shoes on top of his head and walking away)

Seishin Kyrill

Mp
    Finished zazenkai today, it was wonderful ... thank you Jundo and all who sat.

Gassho
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrillos View Post
    I don't know where the problem lays,...
    me neither. But maybe your internet connection is flaky and thus the video loading sometimes is just to slow for a continuous playback. When I have slow connection I start the video an hour before I actually sit and press Pause, when I start sitting it usually has loaded enough in advance so I can sit continuously even with a flaky connection.
    _()_
    Myoku

Thanks everyone!

_/\_

Ade

Zazenkai done! Thanks everyone.
    _/\_
    bob

Thank you Jundo for a bootiful zazenkai . Gassho to everyone sitting this one.

Thanks everyone (including the boot)

Gassho
    Bianca
    Gassho,
    Bianca

I will be sitting this this weekend as part of a couple day mini retreat (zazen, sewing and more zazen)

Gassho
    Shohei

Thank you for the opportunity to practice together.

Gassho,
    Shujin

Thank you for this wonderful teaching and gassho to all who sat or are sitting
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/