• Jan 31th-Feb 1st, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - for Nishijima Roshi

NOTE: Our Monthly 4-Hour Treeleaf Zazenkai will be moved to February 15th in commemoration of Buddha's Parinirvana Day and to mark the passing of our Teacher, Gudo Wafu Nishijima. Today's sitting is also dedicated to Nishijima Roshi, as well as other friends now experiencing hard days.

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxU1SviOy40

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Jan 31th-Feb 1st, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - for Nishijima Roshi started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 38 Comments
      Nameless -
      I'll be there. Room for kinhin in the basement now too. Unless it floods, which it has a habit of doing. In that case... swimming kinhin.

Gassho, John
      Kyonin -
      I will be there live.

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Dosho -
      I will be here.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Kyotai -
      Should be here.

Gassho

Shawn
      Juki -
      I will be there live, as well.

Gassho,
      Juki
      Koshin -
      Count me in

Gassho
      Mp -
      I too will be there live.

Gassho
      Shingen
      Jundo -
      Let me also note that a lovely small calligraphy was donated by our Shokai, and will be kept in our Zendo from now on. It will be featured as well during today's Zazenkai. It is from the Heart Sutra, and reads ...

... 無罣礙 ... no attachments nor hindrances ...

Let us dedicate it to Shokai's wife, Lillian, who is in hospital today ...

Gassho, J
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
      Let me also note that a lovely small calligraphy was donated by our Shokai, and will be kept in our Zendo from now on. It will be featured as well during today's Zazenkai. It is from the Heart Sutra, and reads ...

... 無罣礙 ... no attachments nor hindrances ...

Let us dedicate it to Shokai's wife, Lillian, who is in hospital today ...

Gassho, J
      Yes, beautiful teachings, from such beautiful teachers!

Gassho
      Shingen
      Matt -
      Will be sitting this one tonight. Gassho, Matt J
      Kyonin -
      Guys can't get into the Hangout... could someone please invite me?

Thanks!
      Kyonin -
      Jundo,

I'm sorry I can't get into the hangout. I'm sitting live with you now.

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Dosho -
      Also watching.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
      Guys can't get into the Hangout... could someone please invite me?

Thanks!
      I sent you an invite Kyonin, did you get it?

Gassho
      Shingen
      Kyonin -
      Shingen,

Thank you for the invite, but for some reason I didn't get it.

Google+ is a mystery. Just like life itself.

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Kyonin -
      All my respect and thanks to Nishijima Roshi.

All my thoughts and metta to Shokai and his wife.

May all sentient beings be free of suffering.

Thank you for this zazenkai.

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Koshin -
      Thank you guys, and thank you Shingen for being our voices .... A hug for Shokai as he waits for her wife Lillian, may she be healty real soon....and deep bows for Gudo Wagu Roshi's family

Have a great weekend

Gassho
      Nameless -
      Great zazenkai Sat invisibly but it was still wonderful. Didn't know I could be invisible... I vow to use this power for the good of all sentient beings. Anyway, thank you.

Gassho, John
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
      Shingen,

Thank you for the invite, but for some reason I didn't get it.

Google+ is a mystery. Just like life itself.

Gassho,

Kyonin
      So true Kyonin, so true. =)

Thank you to Nishijima Roshi, Jundo, and everyone ... I am very thankful to have you all in my life. =) Have a great weekend.

Gassho
      Shingen
      Juki -
      Well, last week we all got in but Shingen could not. This week, Google+ decided to balance the scales.

Lovely Zazenkai. Thanks to Jundo and to all who sat along with the live feed.

Gassho,
      Juki