Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

• Recent Articles

Kyonin

The Lineage: A Continuing History...

The history of Zen Buddhism presents itself as a family saga. Each priest of the Sôtô school today belongs to an uninterrupted line which traces itself either to Gasan Jôseki Zenji (1276-1366) or to Meihô Sotetsu Zenji (1277-1350), two disciples of Keizan Zenji, all other Japanese lines having since become extinct. One is integrated into a lineage at the time of the ceremony of Transmission of the Dharma, by which the Master makes the Disciple his successor. Presented here is the chain of teachers that connects Eihei Dôgen Zenji to Gudo Nishijima Roshi, and in the 41st generation from Dogen, Jundo James Cohen of the Treeleaf Zendo. As well, its links are said to reach back in time through China and India, on to the historical Buddha, Śhākyamuni. The line is also closely associated, ever since the middle of the 15th century, with the temple Tôkei' in, located near to the Japanese town of Shizuoka. It is a long, yet continuing history. In an important sense, it is not to be limited to any place or nation, nor is it merely a timeline which flows from past to present: In Dogen’s teachings, past is present is future, while the future flows into the past as the past becomes the future. In this way, each teacher stands for all others, and all are with us now.

References: For a history of the development of Zen in Japan, please refer to William Bodiford, Sôtô Zen in Medieval Japan... read more
    Kyonin 11-18-2014, 10:40 PM
    Kyonin

INTRODUCING ‘BLUE MOUNTAIN WHITE CLOUDS HERMITAGE’

We are pleased to introduce our Friend and Brother Community, BLUE MOUNTAIN WHITE CLOUDS HERMITAGE, established by Rev. Taigu Turlur,... read more
    Kyonin 11-18-2014, 10:28 PM
  • SIT-A-LONG with Jundo - TO ALL SOLO PRACTITIONERS: Don't Be A Selfish Pratyeka-buddha

Many times I hear folks say that they want to practice on their own, and not join in a Buddhist Community, because doing so gets in the way of their own practicing and sitting. They say that other people or having a teacher are a distraction, take up "my" precious time, are not a benefit to "me".

Well, I say: Don't be a selfish sitter, a Pratyeka-buddha.

There is an obligation, a face of the Bodhisattva Vow and taking refuge in Sangha, to support the Practice of others and not to be a Pratyeka-buddha. Ours is a Path beyond one's personal needs and wants. It is not a matter simply about what "I" want, what "I" need to do or learn, staring into my own navel.

Pratyeka-buddha:

In Buddhism, one who attains enlightenment through his own efforts rather than by listening to the teachings of a buddha. The way of the self-enlightened buddha was criticized in Mahayana Buddhism, which rejects the path of self-enlightenment as too limiting and embraces the ideal of the Bodhisattva, who postpones final enlightenment to work for the rescue of others.
    It is much like family and children, who we tend to and spend time with ... whether we selfishly always want to or not, and whether or not we would rather run away. Community activity is vital. Sure, there is a place for "time alone" (whether in my "man cave" in the house or my "Bodhidharma cave" in the mountains), but in the end we have a duty to the community ... and to ourself ... to help and be together.

Self and other are 'not two', and the community leaves us all stronger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmA3qs8lJI
    This article was originally published in forum thread: SIT-A-LONG with Jundo - TO ALL SOLO PRACTITIONERS: Don't Be A Selfish Pratyeka-buddha started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 27 Comments
      Marcelo de Valnisio -
      Thank you.

Gassho.
      Dosho -
      Thank you Jundo.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Amelia -
      Thank you, Jundo.
      Marla567 -
      Thank you Jundo.

Before joining a group of people I try to think about, if I want to get something or if I want to give something. Because I heard the statement, that a bodhisattva goes out in the world to give whereas most people go out in the world to get something. Most of the time it is both - giving and getting. When I feel, that I only want other people to make me happy, it often turns out that they can't really do this.

Gassho
      Shinka
      Yugen -
      Quote Originally Posted by adrianbkelly View Post
      I've really missed the support of this wonderful Sangha & could't help but smile when I logged in & saw lot's of familiar, friendly faces (as well as lots of new ones!) If you'll have me back, I'd love to start sitting with you again!
      Pull up a zafu and join us! It is our privilege to have you practicing with us! Thank you for your honest commentary. I too have had periods where I withdraw and want to sit alone. It allows me to "hide" and go to all sorts of peculiar places. When we sit together I feel all of your presence, and the practice belongs to all of us - we support one another. It has a nice feeling.

Deep bows
      Yugen
      Kyonin -
      So true.

I used to practice alone for many years and you spin all over until you settle with a Sangha.

Sharing practice with the community is super important.

Thanks for this teaching.

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Bobby -
  • Recent Forum Posts

Aske

Ideas for European Time Zone sitting group?

Hi.

I have added you Danny on Google Plus but have yet to receive any sort of group or sitting invite.
    Thought there might be some

Aske Today, 11:04 AM Go to last post
    Ugrok

No 'I' ... No 'Know'...

Hello !

Duality drops off and comes on all the time, no ? I mean, when you're doing stuff, and you are really involved in it, there is no

Ugrok Today, 10:33 AM Go to last post
    Peacemouse

No 'I' ... No 'Know'...

Hey Bryson,

I'm talking about a sudden realization that the voice inside your head that points to you is pointing at nothing-in-particular...or

Peacemouse Today, 07:41 AM Go to last post
    Bryson Keenan

No 'I' ... No 'Know'...

Hi Chet,

I find that things seldom drop away while IN zazen ; I think I would freak out if things dropped off while I was going

Bryson Keenan Today, 06:51 AM Go to last post
    Peacemouse

No 'I' ... No 'Know'...

Have any of you guys noticed that sometimes at random, while not in zazen, duality can also drop off?

Chet
    (Sat today)

Peacemouse Today, 06:09 AM Go to last post