• March 2nd 2013, Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

(It's Myozan here. I'll be filling in for Jundo this week. However, to facilitate regular live sitters, I will start this week's Zazenkai at the normal time (that's Midnight GMT). Please remember, I am a novice. So, things may not be as smooth as they usually are!)

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning(that is New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2MW...ure=g-user-lss

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK: http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?10200-How-to-Join-GOOGLE-for-Zazenkai" \t "_blank

WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE SCREEN WHICH WILL BE POSTED ABOVE BEFORE THE SIT. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

Here is the structure of the Zazenkai:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in Japanese) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in Japanese (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

http://www.treeleaf.org/treeleaf_zaz...chant_book.pdf

Once again, we will chant:

The Maka Hannya Haramita Shin Gyo
    Dedication of Merit
    Verse of Atonement
    The Four Vows

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Myozan
    This article was originally published in forum thread: March 2nd 2013, Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai started by Myozan Kodo View original post
    Comments 29 Comments
      Jundo -
      Thank you, Myozan.

And just a reminder that our 4- hour monthly Zazenkai for March will be moved to a week later, March 9th (which is March 8th in America and Europe).

Gassho, Jundo
      Kyonin -
      I'll be there live

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Hans -
      Hello,

looking forward to sitting with all you fine folks!

All the best and gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen
      Dosho -
      I'll be there.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Yugen -
      I will have to sit this one Saturday morning my time - I'm looking forward to sitting with you Myozan and all!

Deep bows
      Yugen
      Mp -
      I too will be there live.

Gassho
      Shingen
      Shinko -
      I will be sitting later, I wont get home from work until zazenkai is over.
      RichardH -
      I'll be here.

Gassho
      Daizan
      Seimyo -
      Will look forward to sitting with everyone tomorrow. Thanks for hosting Myozan.

Gassho.
      Seimyo
      Geoff -
      I'll be there... but not with a camera for my first time

Thanks for setting this up!

Gassho
      Geoff
      RichardH -
      Thank you, Myozan, Everyone.

Gassho

Daizan
      Mp -
      Thank you Myozan, wonderful job ... Have a great weekend everyone.

Gassho
      Shingen
      Dosho -
      Thanks everyone...and well done my brother in the dharma!

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Jinyo -

Willow
      Genshin -
      Sat this morning (recorded). Thanks to all.

Gassho
      Matt
      Kyonin -
      Thank you Myozan! Lovely zazenkai.

Thanks all who sat/will sit.

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Myozan Kodo -
      Hi guys,
      Great to sit with you all. No wonderful job done at all. All I did was serve the sushi the sushi master made ... with a few mistakes thrown in!
      Gassho
      Myozan
      Myoku -
      What a nice surprise to see that Irish face
      Great job and thanks to you, Myozan and everyone sitting,
      _()_
      Myoku
      Dosho -
      Myozan,

I must respectfully disagree...it was wonderful and the "mistakes" are greater teachers than the parts you did "correctly". Haven't you learned that by now?

Deep bows.

Gassho,
      Dosho

Quote Originally Posted by Myozan Kodo View Post
      Hi guys,
      Great to sit with you all. No wonderful job done at all. All I did was serve the sushi the sushi master made ... with a few mistakes thrown in!
      Gassho
      Myozan
      adrianbkelly -
      Thanks everyone!

_/\_

Ade