• February 2nd, 2013 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

Dear All,

OUR SUBJECTLESS TALK SUBJECT WILL BE RECENT KOANS FROM 'THE BOOK OF SERENITY'.

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE 8am to noon Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 6pm to 10pm, Los Angeles 3pm to 7pm (Friday night), London 11pm to 3am and Paris midnight to 4am (early Saturday morning))

... to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

http://youtu.be/eZqE7-7YKGM

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS are posted AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

The Sitting Schedule is as follows;

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:30 ZAZEN
    01:30 - 01:50 KINHIN

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN

02:40 - 03:15 ZAZEN
    03:15 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'. Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: February 2nd, 2013 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI! started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 36 Comments
      Myoku -
      Thank you everyone and especially Jundo for that off-topic talk which as perfectly on topic and touched me deeply,
      Gassho
      Myoku
      Heisoku -
      Thank you Jundo for everything and to everyone sitting. Gassho.
      Hans -
      Heydeeho,

thank you all for your practise. I'll have to hoover a bit and then it's back to the cushion

Gassho,

Hans Chudo mOngen
      Myozan Kodo -
      Hi. will sit it all tonight ... Or else most of it with the remainder tomorrow night.

Thank you all.
      Gassho
      Myozan
      Matt -
      Going to sit this now. Gassho, Matt
      Ed -
      Thank you all for practicing.
      In gassho,
      Ed B
      Jinyo -
      Thank you all for your practice.

Willow
      Daitetsu -
      Sat with the recording yesterday.
      The Dharma Talk was really excellent!

Gassho,

Timo
      Shokai -
      Thank you all who sat or will sit
      Jundo -
      Quote Originally Posted by LimoLama View Post
      Sat with the recording yesterday.
      The Dharma Talk was really excellent!

Gassho,

Timo
      It also amazes me that folks seem to like the talks that I feel are kind of "Ehhhh" ), but don't always for the one's which I think connected. Oh well. Thank you for appreciating this talk!

Daizan probably feels the same way about his paintings.

Gassho, J
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
      It also amazes me that folks seem to like the talks that I feel are kind of "Ehhhh" ), but don't always for the one's which I think connected. Oh well. Thank you for appreciating this talk!

Daizan probably feels the same way about his paintings.

Gassho, J
      What do they say, "One persons garbage, is another persons treasure." I am with Timo, I always enjoy your talks Jundo and sometimes the unscripted ones are the best ... Truest to the heart I feel.

Gassho
      Shingen
      Jundo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
      sometimes the unscripted ones are the best ... Truest to the heart I feel.
      Oh gee, none of them are scripted! Not like a have a team of writers and wardrobe people here.
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
      Oh gee, none of them are scripted! Not like a have a team of writers and wardrobe people here.
      I can see it all now! "Quiet on the zafu" .... Action!
      Shokai -
      Originally Posted by Jundo;
      It also amazes me that folks seem to like the talks that I feel are kind of "Ehhhh"
      Yeah but; you dare to show us who you really are
      Gi Shu-George -
      Thank you Jundo.Thank you all for this sitting
      Gassho
      Gishu--George
      Myozan Kodo -
      Thank you all. Had to sit in two sessions this week.
      Gassho
      Myozan