• November 24th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

reMINDer: OUR "AT HOME" 2-DAY ROHATSU RETREAT is the weekend of December 8th & 9th, via live netcast

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

http://youtu.be/9UFirHfW0ms

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: November 24th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 30 Comments
      Daitetsu -
      Will try to be there live again (don't have a webcam though), if I am still awake by then (it's in the middle of the night in my time zone).

Gassho,

Timo
      RichardH -
      Will be here, virus free.

Gassho, kojip
      Jundo -
      Quote Originally Posted by LimoLama View Post
      Will try to be there live again (don't have a webcam though), if I am still awake by then (it's in the middle of the night in my time zone).

Gassho,

Timo
      Don't overdo if not your natural waking time. The Zazenkai is intended to be sat in any time, any time zone, no difference. Don't get caught up in "live" or not.

Variation on a famous Koan ...

Zen master taps a computer screen with his stick and asks, "live or not? I won't say, I won't say."

Gassho, J
      Daitetsu -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
      Don't overdo if not your natural waking time. The Zazenkai is intended to be sat in any time, any time zone, no difference. Don't get caught up in "live" or not.
      Thanks for your concern, Jundo!
      Actually, I am a nightowl, but since I haven't had much sleep lately there might be problems. Last weekend I was there "live" up to and including your speech, but I had to do the second sitting with the recording on the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
      Variation on a famous Koan ...

Zen master taps a computer screen with his stick and asks, "live or not? I won't say, I won't say."
      It's what I make out of it, I guess...
      Many thanks for your encouragement, Jundo!

Gassho,

Timo
      Mp -
      I will be there live.

Gassho
      Michael
      Koshin -
      I'll be there

Gassho
      Dosho -
      Hi all,

Not sure if I'll be there tonight. After feeling better on Sunday, I've had a sore throat all week. Doc assures me the virus is just stubborn and nothing serious, but eating and drinking are not so fun.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Neika -
      Will be sitting tonight, but not until later, as always I look forward to the weekly zazenkai.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
      Kyonin -
      I will sit this zazenkai on Sunday morning with Chris.

Enjoy, live sitters!

Gassho,

Kyonin
      Shinko -
      participating w/o camera tonight..
      Dosho -
      Good to see everyone and I'm so very honored to practice with this sangha.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Mp -
      Thank you Jundo and everyone who sat and will sit ... have a great weekend.

Gassho
      Michael
      RichardH -
      Gassho and thank you!

kojip
      Koshin -
      Thank you sitters

Gassho
      Myozan Kodo -
      Great to sit with you.
      Gassho and thanks,
      Myozan
      Heisoku -
      Thank you Jundo and everyone sitting this.Gassho.
      Kyotai -
      Participated in my first zazenkai this past friday night (saturday morning japan time). Very welcoming experience, encourage everyone to try if able.
      Myoku -
      Thank you everyone,
      Gassho
      Myoku
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by zen_rook View Post
      Participated in my first zazenkai this past friday night (saturday morning japan time). Very welcoming experience, encourage everyone to try if able.
      It was great to have you Shawn ... always nice to see new faces.

Gassho
      Michael
      Koshin -
      Ditto

Gassho