• September 1st, 2012- OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI!

OUR ZAZENKAI marks the COMMENCEMENT OF ANGO and our upcoming GLOBAL DAY OF SERVICE

ALSO, A CHANTING OF "WE SHALL OVERCOME" SHALL BE IN PLACE OF THE 'IDENTITY OF RELATIVE AND ABSOLUTE (Sandokai)' THIS TIME ...

Dear All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE 8am to noon Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm to 11pm, Los Angeles 4pm to 8pm (Friday night), London midnight to 4am and Paris 1am to 5am (early Saturday morning))

... to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

The Sitting Schedule is as follows;

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:30 ZAZEN
    01:30 - 01:50 KINHIN

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN

02:40 - 03:15 ZAZEN
    03:15 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

Our Zazenkai consists of our chanting the 'Heart Sutra' and the 'Identity of Relative and Absolute (Sandokai)' in English (please download our Chant Book at the link below), some full floor prostrations (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), a little talk by me ... and we close with the 'Metta Chant', followed at the end with the 'Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'. Oh, and lots and lots of Zazen and walkin' Kinhin in between!

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU POSITION YOUR ZAFU ON THE FLOOR IN A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOT STARING DIRECTLY AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN, BUT CAN GLANCE OVER AND SEE THE SCREEN WHEN NECESSARY. YOUR ZAFU SHOULD ALSO BE IN A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ZAFU FOR THE CEREMONIES, AND HAVE ROOM FOR BOWING AND KINHIN.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO SET YOUR COMPUTER (& SCREEN SAVER) SO THAT IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF DURING THE 4 HOURS.

I hope you will join us ... an open Zafu is waiting. When we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: September 1st, 2012- OUR MONTHLY 4-hour ZAZENKAI! started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 44 Comments
      adrianbkelly -
      Will be there Sunday morning. Looking forward to it!

_/\_

Ade
      pinoybuddhist -
      Will be with all of you every morning next week (I have to break the zazenkai up into several bite-sized pieces of zazen+kinhin).
      RichardH -
      Will be there/here live.

Gassho. kojip
      Dosho -
      I'll be there.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Shugen -
      Shujin and I shall attempt to sit Sunday night (Families willing).
      Koshin -
      I cant attend live due attending my aunt's Blanca wake, she passed away this friday morning here in Mexico city... may she rest in peace

Gassho

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL_one_touch_990A
      Seimyo -
      Quote Originally Posted by lipor View Post
      I cant attend live due attending my aunt's Blanca wake, she passed away this friday morning here in Mexico city... may she rest in peace

Gassho

So sorry Leo. Metta for you and your family.

Deep-gassho.
      Chris
      Yugen -
      I will be at the Zazenkai tonight.....

My condolences on your aunt's passing, Leo. We will be sitting together with you.... we are all one in this practice.

Gassho
      Yugen
      Dosho -
      Much metta to you and your family Leo...you will be in our thoughts!

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Jiken -
      Metta to you and your family Leo

Daido
      Jinyo -
      Thinking of you and your family Leo

Gassho

Willow
      Mp -
      Quote Originally Posted by lipor View Post

Gassho

Much metta to you and your family Leo. I know where are at as I am in Vancouver seeing granny as she is not doing well and the days growing closer.

Gassho
      Michael

Sent from my GT-S5660M using Tapatalk 2
      Shohei -
      I will be joining you tomorrow with the recorded Live.

Gassho
      Shohei
      richss -
      I will have to split it up over the week. I'm on baby duty.
      Dosho -
      My thanks to Jundo and all who sat, are sitting, or will sit...deep bows.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Yugen -
      Thank you all for sitting tonight, and to all who will sit. Deep bows

Gassho
      Yugen
      Jundo -
      Thank you for your patience with some of the sound issues (our silent "We Shall Overcome") and no signal for the last 15 minutes. If you did not hear the last bell because of that, you can stop sitting now!

Gassho, Jundo
      RichardH -
      Thank you.

Gassho, kojip.
      Myozan Kodo -
      Hi all,
      So, Ango is here. Great.

Will sit Zazenkai over the weekend.

Gassho
      Myozan
      Kyonin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
      Thank you for your patience with some of the sound issues (our silent "We Shall Overcome") and no signal for the last 15 minutes. If you did not hear the last bell because of that, you can stop sitting now!

Gassho, Jundo
      Thank you Jundo! We kept sitting and Dosho was kind enough to keep on with the Verse of Atonement and the Four Vows.

Thank you all who sat / will sit.

Gassho,

Kyonin