• July 28th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai ... WITH HOYU!

Hello All,

HOYU IS VISITING TREELEAF JAPAN!!

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE POSTED FOR FUTURE WEEKS. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: July 28th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai ... WITH HOYU! started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 29 Comments
      Kyonin -
      I'll be there live
      Dokan -
      Wish I could join live but still at my sister's and somewhat Internet challenged. So will sit later.

Gassho

Dokan

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
      Dosho -
      I'll be there.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Yugen -
      See you then!

Gassho
      Yugen
      Mp -
      I will be there live.

Gassho
      Michael
      RichardH -
      Will be there for practice live.

Gassho, kojip.
      Jinyo -
      Will sit recorded - enjoy your visit Hoyu.

Gassho

Willow
      RichardH -
      Thank you very much...

Gassho, kojip.
      Dosho -
      My thanks to Jundo, Hoyu, and respective families for being such wonderful hosts today! Deep bows to all your efforts.

Gassho,
      Dosho
      Kyonin -
      Thanks to all who sat / will sit.

And thanks Hoyu and wife for visiting Treeleaf

Have a great weekend!
      Mp -
      Thank you Jundo, Hoyu, and all who sat ... was wonderful. Have a great weekend and feel better with the ear Jundo.

Gassho
      Michael
      Yugen -
      Thank you all - Jundo, Hoyu, Dosho, and all Treeleafers.

Gassho
      Yugen
      Koshin -
      I could get to join in Kinhin, there was a pretty strong storm that made me be late, and yet I was on time, as all that will sit after, before and in this very moment

Thank you again and have a great weekend. Jundo, rest a little and get well

Gassho
      Jundo -
      My apologies for the Chanting Service. I am apparently having some kind of inner ear vertigo or something when bowing the last few weeks. The heat today did not help. Getting old.

Gassho, J
      Thane -
      Hi

I am about to join you by watch the recording.

Gassho

Thane
      Thane -
      Was able to sit for the ceremony and the first period of zazen. Thanks for sharing everyone and nice to sit with you all.

Gassho

Thane
      Heisoku -
      Thank you Jundo, everyone sitting and Hoyu.Gassho.
      Myozan Kodo -
      Hi all,
      Sat this morning. Thank you. 37 degrees here, so opted for shorts and Rakusu! Get well soon Jundo.
      Gassho
      Myozan
      Myoku -
      Thank you everyone,
      with almost no internet I did service and sitting on my own,
      Gassho
      Myoku
      Rich -
      great sitting with you, thanks.