Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

• Recent Articles

Kyonin

The Lineage: A Continuing History...

The history of Zen Buddhism presents itself as a family saga. Each priest of the Sôtô school today belongs to an uninterrupted line which traces itself either to Gasan Jôseki Zenji (1276-1366) or to Meihô Sotetsu Zenji (1277-1350), two disciples of Keizan Zenji, all other Japanese lines having since become extinct. One is integrated into a lineage at the time of the ceremony of Transmission of the Dharma, by which the Master makes the Disciple his successor. Presented here is the chain of teachers that connects Eihei Dôgen Zenji to Gudo Nishijima Roshi, and in the 41st generation from Dogen, Jundo James Cohen of the Treeleaf Zendo. As well, its links are said to reach back in time through China and India, on to the historical Buddha, Śhākyamuni. The line is also closely associated, ever since the middle of the 15th century, with the temple Tôkei' in, located near to the Japanese town of Shizuoka. It is a long, yet continuing history. In an important sense, it is not to be limited to any place or nation, nor is it merely a timeline which flows from past to present: In Dogen’s teachings, past is present is future, while the future flows into the past as the past becomes the future. In this way, each teacher stands for all others, and all are with us now.

References: For a history of the development of Zen in Japan, please refer to William Bodiford, Sôtô Zen in Medieval Japan... read more
    Kyonin 11-18-2014, 10:40 PM
    Kyonin

INTRODUCING ‘BLUE MOUNTAIN WHITE CLOUDS HERMITAGE’

We are pleased to introduce our Friend and Brother Community, BLUE MOUNTAIN WHITE CLOUDS HERMITAGE, established by Rev. Taigu Turlur,... read more
    Kyonin 11-18-2014, 10:28 PM
  • SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Announcing the GLOBAL DAY OF SERVICE

We are pleased to announce our GLOBAL DAY OF SERVICE initiative here at Treeleaf. Starting in a few weeks, we will be asking each and all of our Treeleaf folks, in some way, to spend a day making their communities, the lives of others, this world a bit better. This is a chance to live the Virtues of Generosity and Giving, and our Bodhisattva Vows to Aid All Sentient Beings.

Please look for additional information, and ideas for activities suitable for you, in the ENGAGED & CHARITABLE PROJECTS CENTER of our forum. There, we hope to develop a variety of charitable and socially engaged projects and practices seeking to aid and assist our fellow sentient beings in this world. Please join in and do your part.

In fact, this is the "donation" we ask of you for participating in Treeleaf. Our Sangha is Freeing, but not Free ... and though we do not ask for money for our activities here, we do ask EVERYONE to roll up their sleeves and do something to help those truly in need. Thus, I am going to ask every single person sitting in our Sangha, without exception, to join in this. I hope other Buddhists and Buddhist groups ... anyone in fact ... will join with us on this project. This is not simply a matter of writing a check (though that is good too), but rather we will request "hands on" work of some kind taking a day or much of a day. No one type of activity will be required, although some activity is required of you, and there will be an activity suitable for each and all of you to choose, something for everyone despite busy schedules or physical limitations. There is always a way to help.

Please see this thread by Yugen for further information ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...-Initiative%21

And a bit more on this from me ...

Thank you for coming together on this Initiative to Serve!

Gassho, Jundo
    This article was originally published in forum thread: SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Announcing the GLOBAL DAY OF SERVICE started by Jundo View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      Dokan -
      Thank you Jundo. Really excited about this initiative!

Gassho,

Dokan

PS - Up on podcast now.
      Shingen -
      Thank you for this Jundo and I look forward to doing my part and helping members within my community. I am an active volunteer for the Comox Valley Boys & Girls Club ... I help in transporting kids to and from events, setting up events, fund raising, or really anything they need. To me, I find it to be an amazing reward to help put a smile on a child's face.

Gassho
      Michael
      Kyonin -
      Thank you, Jundo!

It's an honor to be part of Treeleaf.
      willow -

Willow
      Seimyo -
      Thank you Jundo for the great kick-off.
      Like all of you, I'm very excited to see what we can do as a Sangha, and honored to be doing it with you.

Gassho.
      Chris
      Yugen -
      Thanks for a great talk Jundo - I am really excited for this initiative!

Gassho
      Yugen
      Jundo -
      I posted this on the other thread, good to repeat here ...

Just to be clear, "hands on" volunteer and community activities that people are already otherwise undertaking can be included as the Day of Service. All the better if the "day of service" is something folks are already undertaking regularly, not just on one day!

And, yes, our suggested activities will include many options for even the homebound, shy or bedbound who cannot get outside

Gassho, J
      Daido -
      Excited to serve. It is a great honor to help people.

Daido
      Myozan Kodo -
      Hi,
      Good to encourage the practice out there in the world.
      Gassho
      Myozan
      Shohei -
      Very good!

Gassho
      Shohei
      Marek -
      it looks really, really great!

KellyRok -
      Looking forward to this very much! My family and I have been looking into activities in our area for weeks now. Excited to get started with all of you.

Kelly/Jinmei
      Hoyu -
      Love it!!!!

Gassho,
      Hoyu
      Ekai -
      Looking forward to the day of service!

Gassho,
      Ekai
      Shinko -

may every day be a day of service...
      Kaishin -
      Sounds great! _/\_
      Koshin -
      Great idea, thank you for this

Gassho
      Hans -
      Hello,

thank you Jundo for the announcement and thank you fellow Sangha members for your enthusiasm.

All the best and Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen
      Thane -
      Thanks Jundo

I look forward to it.

Gassho

Thane
      Marla567 -
      Very good idea! I'm going to find it out, what kind of activity is appropriate for me.

Gassho
      Bianca