• DON'T Sit-a-Long with Jundo: THE END OF TREELEAF!

It is the first day of April here in Japan, the start of Spring, and that is a time to think of endings and beginnings ...

SO, I AM VERY SAD TO ANNOUNCE THE END OF TREELEAF SANGHA as it has been until now ...

... and the BIRTH OF A NEW AND IMPROVED TREELEAF ...

We are just trying to make BUDDHISM SEXIER!

We asked for your suggestions, and we listened ... to all of them! Even the really really dumb ones!

In fact, this may be THE END OF BUDDHISM AND ZEN!

There is no Zazen sitting to accompany today's talk ... as we have done away with the sitting too. To be honest, I never really got much out of it.
  • Recent Blog Posts

Shokai

Dharma Gate Review

Once again we have completed the 108 day vigil from Winter Soltice to Vesak. I trust if you have been following along that it helped in your practice. I look forward todo this again starting on...

Shokai 04-09-2017 01:43 AM
    Shokai

109/108 Gates of Dharma Illumination

The One Hundred and ninth Gate
    The state in which water is sprinkled on the head is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it], following birth in a family, we are at last able to realize...

Shokai 04-09-2017 01:24 AM
    Shokai

108/108 Gates of Dharma Illumination

The One Hundred and eighth Gate
    The wisdom that leads us from one state to another state is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it], having water sprinkled on the head, we accomplish...

Shokai 04-08-2017 02:35 AM
    Shokai

107/108 Gates of Dharma Illumination

The One Hundred and Seventh Gate
    The state beyond regressing and straying is a gate of Dharma illumination; for it is replete with the Dharma of past buddhas..

[B]The state beyond...

Shokai 04-07-2017 02:56 AM
    Shokai

106/108 Gates of Dharma Illumination

The One Hundred and Sixth Gate
    Attainment of realization of the Dharma of nonappearance is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it] we attain affirmation.

[B]The Dharma of...

Shokai 04-06-2017 02:46 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

Seishin-Do

Pronouciation of "svaha"

Thanks for that Shingen and also Fiona for asking the question, as i have been wondering about the pronunciation having started chanting the sutra during

Seishin-Do Today, 09:27 AM Go to last post
    Komorebi

Pronouciation of "svaha"

It does Thanks a lot Shingen.
    I am looking forward to my first Zaren with Treeleaf, so I can experience the chanting first hand

Komorebi Today, 08:33 AM Go to last post
    Komorebi

Hara - The Gut Brain?

Oooh...Just a Chakra thing with no scientific proof then. How disappointing. What does the line "hara shifu ra" refer to in the Sho Sai Myo

Komorebi Today, 08:30 AM Go to last post
    Kokuu

Hara - The Gut Brain?

Hi Fiona

I agree with Jundo. The hara was seen as a seat of energy flow rather than part of the nervous system. There seems to be a great

Kokuu Today, 07:15 AM Go to last post
    Jishin

Hara - The Gut Brain?

I punch Jundo in the Hara. He says ouch and bends over gasping unable to breathe. He says my brain hurts!

There are serotonin receptors all

Jishin Today, 05:30 AM Go to last post