• March 17th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai



    Hello All,

    DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME CHANGE IN NORTH AMERICA!!

    Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

    ... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

    LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at JUSTIN.TV:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

    http://www.justin.tv/treeleafzen

    But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting

    00:00 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

    As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

    Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

    So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

    Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!


    Gassho, Jundo
  • Recent Blog Posts

    Shokai

    64/108 Gates of Dharma Illumination

    The Sixty-fourth Gate
    The power of effort is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it] we do not regress or stray.

    Power of Effort :
    great or marked ability to make an earnest...

    Shokai Today 03:30 AM
    Shokai

    63/108 Gates of Dharma Illumination

    The Sixty-third Gate
    The power of belief is a gate of Dharma illumination; for it surpasses the power of demons.

    Power of Belief :
    great or marked ability to have confidence in the...

    Shokai Yesterday 03:34 AM
    Shokai

    62/108 Gates of Dharma Illumination

    The Sixty-second Gate
    The faculty of wisdom is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it] we really see all dharmas.

    Wisdom :
    mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of...

    Shokai 02-21-2017 02:41 AM
    Shokai

    61/108 Gates of Dharma Illumination

    The Sixty-first Gate
    The faculty of balance is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it] the mind is pure..

    Balance :
    mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm...

    Shokai 02-19-2017 11:46 PM
    Shokai

    60/108 Gates of Dharma Illumination

    The Sixtieth Gate
    The faculty of mindfulness is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it] we thoroughly perform many kinds of work.

    Mindfulness :
    keeping aware; heedful: mindful...

    Shokai 02-19-2017 01:50 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

    Jishin

    Zazen and earworms



    Gassho, Jishin, ST

    Jishin Today, 02:28 PM Go to last post
    Jundo

    A Buddhist chef

    A truly lovely story, a great life, and a powerful tradition of cooking and teaching. Thank you for sharing.

    A small concern on my part

    Jundo Today, 02:25 PM Go to last post
    Hoko

    Zazen and earworms

    There's a 98% chance I was being rhetorical with a 2% margin of sarcasm that may or may not be statistically significant but I try only to be a wise ass

    Hoko Today, 02:15 PM Go to last post
    Tai Shi

    Dropping body and mind ?

    Well, since the great pain will never go away, I am walking through it, and sometimes I feel like it is the easiest, and then it is the hardest because

    Tai Shi Today, 01:57 PM Go to last post
    Tai Shi

    Stories of Compassion and Kindness

    Each day I call a woman who at and in her 40 s is dying, and was a primy at birth, and I have been calling her since over a year now, and have grown to

    Tai Shi Today, 01:44 PM Go to last post